Golf Talk Tuesdays - 2021

I played yesterday. 37 on the front 9 (par 33) then a par on the par 3 - 10th. +4 after 10 holes. Then fell apart and shot 49 on the back.

After complaining about several inconsistent rounds, 37-44-83 and 37-41-81, Friday I was 40-40-80 - all same course. No idea why. While big front v back differentials are annoying, I’d rather break 40 on at least one nine than 40-40-80. Dumb game - same time tomorrow.

Playing 18 this morning with a 10:06 tee time. It will be HOT. Two old guys, lots of Gatorade and good in cardio condition! :D

On other news the PGA suddenly found 54 million dollars in new prize money for special no cut tournaments for its highest ranking players..I bet the JTs and Rorys of the world won't give credit to LIV for that development

Amazing, money out of thin air. Imagine that. I hope more pga players bail after the season.

The pga is like an employer who is underpaying their employees so people have to leave current job for another to get a pay increase. Sad.

Amazing, money out of thin air. Imagine that. I hope more pga players bail after the season.

The pga is like an employer who is underpaying their employees so people have to leave current job for another to get a pay increase. Sad.

In an updated news release the PGA some money will come from sponsors and some "from their own funds". They did not provide any numbers so they are not ready for transparency at this point. Transparency in numbers was one thing some of the players have been asking for.

The first USA based competition is this weekend.Should be interesting. It can be streamed for free on youtube.

quick scan of teams for this weeks LIV shows 8 golfers are gone from week one, got their 120K or maybe more and bye bye. Thanks you !

quick scan of teams for this weeks LIV shows 8 golfers are gone from week one, got their 120K or maybe more and bye bye. Thanks you !

Regarding the golfers that played in the first LIV tournament but are not included in the second tournament, are they now prohibited from playing in PGA tournaments going forward?

good question, I had never heard of any of them. Probably Korn Ferry players....

And as more DP World and OLD PGA players go running for money and time, because my body just isn't healing as quickly ( Poor Brooksy ;-(( ) And i need more time with family etc etc.... I'll assume more of the no names will be pushed out, then what for them? Become a golf course pro/teacher?

Regarding the golfers that played in the first LIV tournament but are not included in the second tournament, are they now prohibited from playing in PGA tournaments going forward?

I doubt any of those players were members of the PGA Tour so they wouldn't be qualified to play in PGA Tournaments even if they didn't play in any LIV events. I haven't seen anything that would stop them from earning their way on the PGA Tour but would have to do it through the Korn Ferry Tour, not an easy road. There have been rumors of lifetime bans for current PGA Tour players that go to LIV but haven't seen anything official yet.

Last edited:
No, they got booted to make room for the PGA players who defected after the London tournament, e.g. Koepka, DeChambeau, Ancer, Wolff, Ortiz, etc. I'm sure the 8 who are gone would have liked to make another $125K or whatever last place pays.

Last edited:
Just returned from a 5 week trip (honeymoon actually) to the Med. Didn’t touch a club or watch any golf for 5 wks. First round yesterday started great (par, par) but, it was a bit inconsistent from there; shot 85. Happy to be playing again; also happy I missed all the PGA/LIV posts. Oh yea…had a fantastic honeymoon! [emoji41]

After Phil's interview with Alan Shipnuck became news, Rory said that being on the Player Advisory Committee, he has full access to the balance sheet of PGA Tour and the money paid to the golfers are in line with other sports.

It’s one confounding round after another…

Last Friday I birdied #1, #2 and #3 - I don’t think I’ve ever had 3 straight, much less the first three.

Then 11 over for the next 15 holes, despite another birdie, for an 80.

Stupid game, “same time tomorrow.”

Last edited:
Three rounds of golf over the 4th holiday and finished off yesterday's round parring the last eight holes.

Just read that the pga tour has 23 Saudi sponsors. This should be brought up in interviews with the commissioner. Funny how they have no issue taking Saudi money when it benefits them. Bunch of hypocrites.

Just read that the pga tour has 23 Saudi sponsors. This should be brought up in interviews with the commissioner. Funny how they have no issue taking Saudi money when it benefits them. Bunch of hypocrites.

As has been stated before, the NBA and Disney have been taking boatloads of money from China for years and they don't get nowhere near as much criticism.

Our local boy, Patrick Reed won some big coin at the LIV tourney this past week. Maybe now he can pay his back monthly dues at Carlton Woods CC where he plays here. We haven't seen him here paying in a while, but no one around here really misses him.

Our local boy, Patrick Reed won some big coin at the LIV tourney this past week. Maybe now he can pay his back monthly dues at Carlton Woods CC where he plays here. We haven't seen him here paying in a while, but no one around here really misses him.

Are you saying that he plays at Carlton Woods CC but does not pay his monthly dues? How can a cc let member play when monthly dues are owed?

No PGA sponsors are the State-Owned Saudi Sovereign Wealth Fund. You may be missing the entire point. This is about political greenwashing, not corporate marketing dollars.

On another note, I got a 64 degree wedge this week. Can't wait to try it out around the greens.

Just returned from a 5 week trip (honeymoon actually) to the Med. Didn’t touch a club or watch any golf for 5 wks. First round yesterday started great (par, par) but, it was a bit inconsistent from there; shot 85. Happy to be playing again; also happy I missed all the PGA/LIV posts. Oh yea…had a fantastic honeymoon! [emoji41]

Congrats on your marriage and honeymoon!.. sadly I'm afraid you didn't miss all the PGA/LIV posts...they still continue...

On a golf note I was surprised by the strength of field for this weeks Scottish Open, 649 which puts it at top 7 for the year 2022..I guess it's guys gearing up for next week's Open...

Huston, I hope your new wife plays golf so the two of you can play together. My DH and I have played golf together for the 50 (!!) years of our marriage. At one time we were both very good golfers and often won the club couples championship. We have traveled the world playing golf and have played St Andrews Old Course, Lahinch, Pinehurst #2, Pebble Beach and many others. We never have to look for a partner because we have each other and our games are similar. Some of our best times have been playing golf. We are in or 70s now and not playing as much but we still walk and play the local 9 hole course often.

Huston, I hope your new wife plays golf so the two of you can play together. My DH and I have played golf together for the 50 (!!) years of our marriage. At one time we were both very good golfers and often won the club couples championship. We have traveled the world playing golf and have played St Andrews Old Course, Lahinch, Pinehurst #2, Pebble Beach and many others. We never have to look for a partner because we have each other and our games are similar. Some of our best times have been playing golf. We are in or 70s now and not playing as much but we still walk and play the local 9 hole course often.

My DB is a lifetime passionate golf nerd. He loves the play the notable courses like you two do. He has mentioned over the last 5 years how incredibility expensive the courses have gotten. I think the last time he did Pebble he told me the playing costs, ie green fees and the extras "add-on" were so exorbitant it really took away from his enjoyment of the round.

Back
Top Bottom