good gosh I can't wait!!!

It sounds as if what you are hearing is that people don't have plans for their lives. They just live day to day and paycheck to paycheck.

"The unexamined life is not worth living."

Congrats

Many had children in their 40s!

Sorry but that IS crazy!

This is not always a crazy thing.  It can be a good thing if you can save on the front end before you have children.  Also, sometimes these people are in better physical, mental and emotional condition than early 20-somethings who have children.  But I know this is getting off topic.  Congrats on your move!

J-Lu said:
Many had children in their 40s!

Sorry but that IS crazy!

This is not always a crazy thing.  It can be a good thing if you can save on the front end before you have children.  Also, sometimes these people are in better physical, mental and emotional condition than early 20-somethings who have children.  But I know this is getting off topic.  Congrats on your move!

My co worker a great guy, is 56 with a 10 year old son, he is dog tired, works extra jobs so he can pay the college tuition of the first daughter who just started college this week, another daughter is a jr in hs. So the 10yo still has 11 more years to go so he will be 67 if he is still alive! Overweight high blood pressure and a real charmer for a wife! Spends like there is no tomorrow.

The front end for him was that they lived large and saved zip and then got married.

I see alot of this up here in NJ these days. Off topic but why in the world do ya want kids when you are in your 50s??

I maybe selfish but the last thing in the world I want now at 50 is a teenager!!Or infant Or toddlerOr any drooling, surly offspring!

I got stuff to do and as george carlin says Ef the children!

I'm with NewGuy, late 40's and 50's is the time for grand children.

Not crazy at all. I would have been a terrible parent in my 20s. Now I'm old enough to be settled (developmentally and job-wise) and emotionally prepared to enjoy parenthood. Some of us are late bloomers.

Crazy may be a strong sounding term here.

Hummm I know my limits and children for me are well done. Grandkids great, my wonderful children and their significat others can takem home after we have gone fishing, or seen a movie, or taken for ice cream or after they spent the night.

But bpp, go for it you crazy old kid producers ! :D

Back to my original post, I.

I have turned into the cook however.

newguy888 said:
I see alot of this up here in NJ these days. Off topic but why in the world do ya want kids when you are in your 50s??

Very individual choice. I know a lot of people who love (or appear to love) their work and enjoy having kids late. I know a divorced woman in her 50s who just adopted. On the other hand, DW and I had our daughter when I was 38 and DW was 34. DW was on the fence about whether she would want a second child. I told her, no problem but it needs to be signed sealed and delivered by the time I am 40 so I can quit work at a reasonable age. She kept talking about it even after I turned forty but luckily when she turned 40 she concluded the same thing I had.

My daughter and her family live in Princeton. We enjoy visiting, beautiful country but boy is housing expensive! Hope they can come back toward NC some day soon. I retired in 2000 and went from 0 grand kids to 4 in 5 years! For us, grand kids and being able to visit them are a crucial part of our retirement scene.

Welcome to NC. We are in Charlotte. Where have you moved to?

Off topic but why in the world do ya want kids when you are in your 50s??

You can buy diapers in bulk.

Back
Top Bottom