Guitars of ER

twaddle

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

I have several (because time + money + obsession + tone!!11!)

I've only built a few instruments. Last one was a Martin OM clone a couple years ago. (Sorry for auto-rotation. Any easy solutions to that?)

Attachments

• 20201111_161719.jpg
    20201111_161719.jpg
    689.3 KB · Views: 74
  • 20201111_161741.jpg
    20201111_161741.jpg
    736 KB · Views: 61
Probably doesn’t count but my last guitar was a Martin 000-28EC (Eric Clapton), really loved it. Don’t have a guitar anymore as I lost interest after years of not getting any better, I guess I hit my max potential and it wasn’t that great... :blush:

Martin-000-28EC-Eric-Clapton-20560-72.jpg

I love those short-scale EC models!

I took up playing in my old age because I figured it was about the biggest challenge I could tackle, and I would never be "done." I was right on both counts. :)

I will probably never perform, but I can still entertain myself with fingerstyle picking. And if I take too long a break from playing, I try to relearn everything. It gets a little easier each time, but it's a bit like Groundhog Day....

Here are my Kramer USA vintage DMZ 3000 electric bass and guitars from my teenage years into early retirement. Plus photos of my Fender American Stratocaster and Fender American Jazz bass. I also have a 1974 Gibson Les Paul custom and 1975 Fender Precision bass at our condo in Florida (also from my teenage years). Needless to say, all these guitars are worth considerably more than what I paid for them. It pays to buy American made guitars and basses.

Attachments

• IMG_8337.jpg
    IMG_8337.jpg
    408.2 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_8335.jpg
    IMG_8335.jpg
    338.8 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_8338.jpg
    IMG_8338.jpg
    397 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_8339.jpg
    IMG_8339.jpg
    380.2 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_8340.jpg
    IMG_8340.jpg
    369.5 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_8343.jpg
    IMG_8343.jpg
    307.7 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_8344.jpg
    IMG_8344.jpg
    297.4 KB · Views: 38
Aluminum necks? Those headstocks! Awesome. :)

Nice. I have a Taylor GS Mini Koa -- amazed at the small-body tone. And, well, Koa!

Oh, my. Here come the heavy-hitters. Nice curly Koa, JH! Custom Martin?

And I lost count of the strings on that wild DF-A10. The width of the fretboard frankly scares me. I just listened to a sound clip. Heavenly.

No - it's a custom Larivee and one of several I travel with - love the wide flat fingerboards :)

Here's part of the top of that same guitar - with a shameless plug

stickers.JPG

I've got a few

My neighbors are slightly less than thrilled ;-)

i-5BDn769-X2.jpg

I'm thinking we need a thread about guitar straps - Looks like you have the same Moody straps I love .

You could have retired earlier if you bought the cheap ones at guitar center ;)

Drool. I should have recognized that Larrivee bling. I have one of their low-end parlors (03-series) and it still has a taste of his famous wood bling.

Attachments

• dscf4973_4.jpg
    dscf4973_4.jpg
    397.2 KB · Views: 26

And I lost count of the strings on that wild DF-A10. The width of the fretboard frankly scares me. I just listened to a sound clip. Heavenly.

It might have been me :) I’ll post a clip when I get home later

Last edited:
Back a couple years ago when I had several bass amps. From left to right Garnet Deputy 2, Markbass CMD 121, Markbass 104 HR, and Hartke LH500 with HyDrive 410 cabinet. Not shown Galien Krueger MB115 combo:

20190421_111827.jpg

Nice. I have a Taylor GS Mini Koa -- amazed at the small-body tone. And, well, Koa!
Yes, for some reason I want Koa when I see a picture of a guitar with Koa.

I have some interesting instruments, and one hand-made work I've been dragging along for about 40 years.

Now where is that late 40's Martin? I know it's here somewhere.
:(

After more than fifty five years of playing, I've had probably more than twenty different axes, both electric and acoustics, including highend Gibbys, Martins and Taylors. Current inventory is now down to three, a strat, a tele, and a Takamine acoustic. Due to some arthritis in my hands don't play near as much as I used to or would like but I have gotten into the piano as another form of therapy.

After more than fifty five years of playing, I've had probably more than twenty different axes, both electric and acoustics, including highend Gibbys, Martins and Taylors. Current inventory is now down to three, a strat, a tele, and a Takamine acoustic. Due to some arthritis in my hands don't play near as much as I used to or would like but I have gotten into the piano as another form of therapy.

I've also purged the inventory. Down from 5 bass amps to 1. I used to have 7 or 8 basses, now down to 3. Down to 1 electric guitar from 3. I still have 2 acoustic guitars. I used to have a 12-string Martin and sold it but wish I hadn't.

What I really have to do is get rid of cables. I have about 6 milk crates full of cables, patch cords, etc.

Yes, for some reason I want Koa when I see a picture of a guitar with Koa.

Pictures really don't do curly Koa justice. It has a cool 3D effect that changes with light and orientation.

I used it for the binding on my first build. The curl also means the grain is a little crazy, so it's a bit of pain to bend. I broke a few pieces. :(

Back
Top Bottom