Help vs take for granted vs taking advantage

This is the kind of relationship I want with my daughter and her family, which is why we are moving closer to them. In our current house we are 1.5 hours away, so visits consume a whole day. Our new house will be half an hour away, so we can pop over for an hour to watch the grandson while his parents go for a bike ride together, or just have them all over to our house for dinner once every couple of weeks.
You will be glad you are close to them! Enjoy!

Update -

SIL got and received an offer that will allow remote working! Everyone is excited . This is the primary reason we agreed to help out.

We will stay an additional few days to facilitate day care and other changes.

We have taken 1 weekend out of town and working on taking another couple days

Offer directly connected to training course and an employer partner to that training course

Glad to hear it and hope that you did not burn any bridges with them. Hopefully, you can start to enjoy your retirement now.

Congratulations to your SiL! Everyones hard work together paid off.

As you communicate with them I have found that a respectful conversation can be had by saying. " We can't do that but we can do this" (IE We can't watch the kids this weekend but we can watch them Monday night....We can't host the 1 year olds birthday but we can reserve the community clubhouse for you. )

It's very hard to say no when it's your kids and you don't agree with how they divide their parenting/home life.

Congrats!

Offer directly connected to training course and an employer partner to that training course

Glad it worked and apparently you didn't have enough faith in your SIL...now all four of you can get back to regularly scheduled programming.:LOL:

That’s great news. I hope they appreciate your contribution.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom