How Many Homes Do You Own That You Live In?

How Many Homes Do You Own That You Live In?

• Own No Homes

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • Own 1 Home

Votes: 72 68.6%
  • Own 2 Homes

Votes: 24 22.9%
  • Own 3 Homes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Own 4 homes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Own 5 or more homes

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

pasttense

Dryer sheet wannabe
How Many Homes Do You Own That You Live In? How do you use these homes? For example a summer home in the Midwest and a winter home in Florida.

I own and live in just one home. I find my home here in the San Diego area to be a pleasant place to stay both in the Summer and in the Winter ;)

I own one house but I don't live in it, so I voted - no homes.
I going to sell it next month, and next year we are going for a long travel.

BTW, if someone has an RV or a boat that he lives in, does it count?

I own 3 but live in 2... Soon to be 1 1/2

Selling #3 this month - horray, can't wait.
Moving kids into #2 to share expenses - win/win
Living mostly in #1 (retirement home) as soon as all of the above gets done, which should take about another 4-6 weeks...

In a year I'll go from 2 to 1, when my DD finishes high school.

I summah in Texas. In wintah in Texas, too...
cowboy.gif

Only own one home but it is on a nice lake so seems like a vacation home all of the time!

Haven't finished paying for the one I'm in, no plan to carry two mortgages.

one for now and considering none later for a few years of worry free vagabonding. i think i would enjoy just wandering and not wondering if i turned off the gas.

Own 1.08 homes, no mortgage, so I answered 2. Planning to invest in rental property soon, so it'll be 2.08 but will still live in 1.08.

The summer House...

mansion1.jpg

And the winter getaway house...

MansionWinterLG2.jpg

weekend getaway bungalow...

cliffwalkaerial_ritourism.jpg

Last edited:
Me too. I sweat and freeze in the land of fire ants.

Ah, that description brings back vivid memories of my years in Texas. Also I remember feeling miserable due to the oak and other pollen. Actually Texas has a lot to offer (weather, fire ants, and pollen aside).

Just finished building future retirement home and use it on weekends and every other chance we get. Hopefully will reside there full time in the near future. Not sure if we will keep current residence and use as rental or sell it.

We own none but we spend a few months in Vancouver, PV, San Diego, Toronto area and Europe each year.

Currently own one home with no mortgage. BUT, we're seriously considering buying a rental property and will have a mortgage again :rant:

We currently own 2 homes. We just built our retirement home and are trying to sell our other home.

:2funny::2funny::2funny:

You know I just realized that I voted wrong. I voted 1. However, I should have voted 0.

I still carry a mortgage. I do not really own it yet. I own part and the bank owns part.

I guess if you listed fractional ownership... I could vote 2/3. ;)

Last edited:
On of my sisters married someone with a home on the other side of the country. Neither can bear to give up home and friends so they travel back and forth, staying a few months in each. Extremely inefficient, but I guess it works for them.

Someone voted "5 homes". I would like to know how it's possible to own, maintain and live in five homes simultaneously. Sounds like a full time j*b!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom