How much for a central FL snowbird rental?

Alex in Virginia

Recycles dryer sheets
Hi, everyone!

Starting next winter, I plan to do the snowbird thing in Central/North Florida, renting for 3 months between January and March (possibly 4, adding December). I'm just starting my research and would super-appreciate any input on what I should budget for such a rental.

What I hope to rent is a small (1 or 2 bedroom) unfurnished house. What I may actually find -- who knows. So, that's why it would be great to hear from anyone that can provide any input.

BTW, if you have input for snowbird areas other that Central Fl, that could be useful as well.

Thanks!

Hi, everyone!

Starting next winter, I plan to do the snowbird thing in Central/North Florida, renting for 3 months between January and March (possibly 4, adding December). I'm just starting my research and would super-appreciate any input on what I should budget for such a rental.

What I hope to rent is a small (1 or 2 bedroom) unfurnished house. What I may actually find -- who knows. So, that's why it would be great to hear from anyone that can provide any input.

BTW, if you have input for snowbird areas other that Central Fl, that could be useful as well.

Thanks!

plan on 3000 a month-should find many available

Again, I'm looking AWAY from coastal areas. Aaronc879's example is a good one, particularly since, at $1300 per month, the place is furnished already. I could swing that.

That sample rental is in an adult community, so I would expect I might be able to do better in a plain "neighborhood" -- although landlords in such neighborhoods might not be thinking seasonal rental. Any experiences or comments along those lines?

Thanks for sharing.

Again, I'm looking AWAY from coastal areas. Aaronc879's example is a good one, particularly since, at $1300 per month, the place is furnished already. I could swing that.

That sample rental is in an adult community, so I would expect I might be able to do better in a plain "neighborhood" -- although landlords in such neighborhoods might not be thinking seasonal rental. Any experiences or comments along those lines?

Thanks for sharing.

Alex,

Have you checked vrbo.com (Vacation Rental by Owner)? Florida Vacation Rentals by Owner, Florida VRBO, Florida Vacation Home Rentals, Florida Villa Rentals

It lets you choose what area or city you're interested in and shows you what is available, when and for what price.

omni

Furnished 1 Bedrooms in my building (on clearwater beach) facing the gulf usually rent seasonally for about $2500-$3000/month depending on if it is a 3 month or 6 month rental. Full year is about $1600/month. Definitely like the amenities and sunsets I get from living on the water.

Back
Top Bottom