How to retire early - A couple retired in the early 40's

In this manner, ACA is no worse than universal healthcare in other developed countries. Everybody gets healthcare, whether he pays anything or not. That's just the way it is, by definition.

I agree. And like I said I think ACA is an improvement on what came before, and I'd definitely be down for universal health care of some form. I just wouldn't say that that comment was absurd, it's a fair critique or counterpoint.

Wait, now FIRE is a movement AND a "method?"

I get calling it a movement. But it seems a bit of an overstatement to call it a method.

It's just simple math. IF you have enough resources to live without going to a job every day, you may choose not to.

I never really liked the "FI" part of the label anyway. I can't imagine what sort of a pile I'd have to amass to consider myself totally independent. A major health issue, or even just the winds of political change, can take down even the mightiest among us. Simply saying I retired early, and I think I can pull it off, is sufficient for me.

A friend of mine is doing exactly that.

Home Depot Stopped providing part timers benefits two years ago.

However, Lowe’s does.

I'm going to have to check with my friend! He kept telling me that Home Depot offers it to part timers. Maybe he is grandfathered? Or maybe he just has vision? Or maybe he was just trying to recruit me? I always bother him when I visit my local HD and get him a little flustered. Maybe he was giving me crap back. :)

A little search confirms Floridatennisplayer's assertion. Note that although some benefits are available for PT, I don't see "medical" as one of them.
https://mythdhr.com/Benefits/Pages/default.aspx

Yeah, I asked one of the employees about it last summer. He said they did away with it. Only Full time get benefits.

Back
Top Bottom