Hump Day

sanfanciscotreat

Recycles dryer sheets
Generally accepted that Wednesday is Hump Day for those working.
Was thinking about being retired, Hump Day for me is Sunday as Monday starts another week with many folks tied up working and leaving golf courses, hiking trails and fishing spots less crowded for me.

Any other thoughts on this?

A hump implies there’s an uphill followed by a downhill. While I generally hunker down on Saturday and Sunday to avoid crowds, I’d say the week is level - all good.

+1 but also see my sig line.

No help here.. first one up in the AM, has to ask Alexa... "What day is it?" :blush:

It's all Saturday's to me. Except for Sunday, have to wear pants.

At the local gym there is the popular Zumba class attended by 95% females. Lot of fake and real rear ends shaking to the music. Slightly distracting the guys nearby from their lifting sessions. It's gotta be bump and hump day.

Yep, other than traffic patterns, retiree days are any day you want them to be. I used to love Saturdays, so that's what I think of now - except Saturdays here are worse for traffic ALL day instead of just at rush hour. As always, YMMV.

For me it's whenever "date night" is scheduled.

What day is it?

Yea, every day is Saturday.

We hail from a state with 4 distinct seasons (actually 5 if you count mud season). So when we’re traveling in certain parts of the US, we often can’t even remember what month it is, let alone what day it is.

We used to find it unsettling, now we laugh about it and carry our calendar with us everywhere we go. Just so we can keep an eye on if there’s something coming up we should actually care about [emoji14]

I'd say Saturday and Sunday because I have to wait until Monday before I can do any errands. It's too busy at the stores on those days. The only thing I target for weekends is going to movies with my ladyfriend (who works full-time), a matinee around 11 AM.

For me, one of my FI goals is to live more and more by "nature's time." I particularly love letting weather, seasons, and outside considerations dictate my schedule. Was there a storm with east winds? Time to check the inland reservoirs for interesting ducks. Is it nasty cold with snow outside? Time to make bread or soup. Is it the second week of February? Time to start checking my early spot for red-winged blackbirds.

Today, it's going to be a bit warmer, and I have a lunch date which precludes any distant activities. I'm going to clean out the tree swallow and wren houses - should have done it before, but I was lazy (and kind of dread dealing with mice, delicately sweeping out any nests with along-handled dandelion root tool - maybe there won't be any). One or two of these early arriving migrant birds have shown up south of here. I'm late!

I haven't achieved this schedule to my satisfaction yet, but it's a goal.

PS: Did you know the WEEK is the only measurement of time NOT linked to the natural world. (Well, I read that somewhere).

Last edited:
Today like every other day when I wake up and know it, is a great start.
Then either workout at the Y, go figure skating, and a few eves Argentine Tango class or dance. everything else is filler.
Of course some days I disappear to my camp and play caveman. What is this names of days thing?

Back
Top Bottom