I'm goin' exploring!

Goonie

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
A bit over a year ago, I took a much needed break from the E-R Forum for a few months. Not sure exactly what transpired with my attitudes and opinions toward this forum, but for me it's pretty much lost it's appeal. I've decided it's time to sail in a different direction from here on. I wish everyone on here all of the best!!!

As soon as I submit this post, I'm logging out for one last time, and moving on. And so like Calvin and Hobbes....It's a magical world full of possibilities, and I'm goin' exploring! :greetings10:

Attachments

• Calvin-n-Hobbes_last-strip 60kb.gif
    Calvin-n-Hobbes_last-strip 60kb.gif
    59.8 KB · Views: 63
Sorry to see you go Goonie but I can understand the loss of appeal . Sadly it seems a lot of attacking goes untouched .

Yet another vocie of reason is silenced...........:( Will miss you, Goonie!!

A bit over a year ago, I took a much needed break from the E-R Forum for a few months. Not sure exactly what transpired with my attitudes and opinions toward this forum, but for me it's pretty much lost it's appeal. I've decided it's time to sail in a different direction from here on. I wish everyone on here all of the best!!!

As soon as I submit this post, I'm logging out for one last time, and moving on. And so like Calvin and Hobbes....It's a magical world full of possibilities, and I'm goin' exploring! :greetings10:

I did the same. Something has changed and is missing - maybe it is a little bit of me and a little bit of the forum.

Have fun!

Goonie,

Sorry to see you go, but understand you can only swim upstream for so long.

Enjoy your new journey.:)

All the Best,

WS

Fair winds and following seas Goonie! We will miss your online personality!

Bon voyage. As others have said, drop by from time to time; post some pics of your adventures.

Sorry to see you go Goonie but I can understand the loss of appeal . Sadly it seems a lot of attacking goes untouched .

Yet another vocie of reason is silenced...........:( Will miss you, Goonie!!

I just joined less than a month ago and it makes me sad to read these sentiments. I haven't read posts from either of them, but I'm sure they are great.

In the past I have been part of other forum sites on various topics. All of them start out with incredible contribution from very able professionals in the field and those who are serious about learning and sharing ideas. Slowly all of them get highjacked by abusers and the needs of the business model of the site itself. Sites which run on ad revenue need more eyes. It doesn't seem to matter who those eyes belong to or the intelligence or the intent of the people that it attracts.

It's an unfortunate state of affairs.

In the past I have been part of other forum sites on various topics. All of them start out with incredible contribution from very able professionals in the field and those who are serious about learning and sharing ideas. Slowly all of them get highjacked by abusers and the needs of the business model of the site itself. Sites which run on ad revenue need more eyes. It doesn't seem to matter who those eyes belong to or the intelligence or the intent of the people that it attracts. It's an unfortunate state of affairs.

Well, I agree with you.........:)

I just joined less than a month ago and it makes me sad to read these sentiments. I haven't read posts from either of them, but I'm sure they are great.

In the past I have been part of other forum sites on various topics. All of them start out with incredible contribution from very able professionals in the field and those who are serious about learning and sharing ideas. Slowly all of them get highjacked by abusers and the needs of the business model of the site itself. Sites which run on ad revenue need more eyes. It doesn't seem to matter who those eyes belong to or the intelligence or the intent of the people that it attracts.

It's an unfortunate state of affairs.

IMO, this site is about as good as it can get, for a general purpose forum. So what if some preople love to fight. Just put them on ignore. Fortunately, there is no upper limit to how many you can ignore.

If someone wants to see who has him on ignore(women rarely get put on ignore:)), just watch the posters who never respond to or comment on any of one's own posts.

As to experts leaving, I am not an expert, but I can understand how it could be annoying to get agressive, ignorant questions from folks who were born already knowing everything.

Ha

Back
Top Bottom