In Taiwan all vehicles have clear plastic covers

modhatter

Full time employment: Posting here.
covering every inch of the car seats front and back. Completly covered in clear plastic, so it never gets dirty. So in addition to taking off shoes to not dirty the house, they manage to keep their vehicles looking like new too. Seemed very logical to me.

They also don't use plates at dinner very often. Only small bowel for rice. All food is placed on a large lazy susan and you just spin it around to what you want and pick up food with your chop sticks and put it directly into your mouth. NO DIRTY DISHES..........

Hey, anyone remember the fingerhut clear plastic seatcovers everyone used back in the 50's

Hey, anyone remember the fingerhut clear plastic seatcovers everyone used back in the 50's

I don't know if they were from fingerhut or not, but friends of my parents had those plastic covers on the car seats and on all the furniture in their house! I HATED going to their house to visit, unless I could stay outside. Otherwise, I had to sit on those things for hours on end watching TV, while the 'grown-ups' played cards and drank beer. And their car in the summer was even worse! They were always scorching hot, and you always got a sweaty *ss. And regardless of in the house or in the car, if you were wearing shorts, you'd stick to the d*mn things! :rant:

Embrace the earth. Don't isolate yourself from the dirt with a layer of plastic. Yech! :) :) :)

They also don't use plates at dinner very often. Only small bowel for rice. All food is placed on a large lazy susan and you just spin it around to what you want and pick up food with your chop sticks and put it directly into your mouth. NO DIRTY DISHES..........

That seems like an effective way to spread disease.

Back in the '60s I had neighbors who had plastic covers on everything, including runners all over the rugs. One day, for business reasons, Barbara Striesand and Gene Kelly came to visit. The whole neighborhood was agape. The plastic stayed in place.

Mike D.

plastic huh? if i'm paying for the initial depreciation you better believe i'm wearing out the original seat coverings. let the guy who benefits from buying the car used add furry slip covers.

Yes, we had plastic car seat covers in the 50/60's. I can still remember sticking to the seats on hot days.

1959_Rambler_Cross_Country.jpg

I can remember seat covers for cars. They were often employed for two reasons. To cover up worn out seats and to keep new seats from getting dirty/worn. Now days, materials are more durable... car seats do not wear out as easily... Of course, they can be torn and soiled with coffee etc...

Nowadays in America... everything is disposable.

I don't know about the seat covers, but I love the pink Rambler wagon.

I owned one of those

Yes, we had plastic car seat covers in the 50/60's. I can still remember sticking to the seats on hot days.

1959_Rambler_Cross_Country.jpg
I owned one of the above cars built like a tank and ugly, didn't worry about anybody stealing it :)
When I got it the car was almost twenty years old, got me to the store and errands with the kids. Didn't care what the kids did to it. Lugged the darndest things home in it.:D Drove it to the scrap yard couldn't sell it. It might have been the color as it was pink just like this one.:confused:

Back
Top Bottom