Join Early Retirement Today

Old 10-09-2007, 10:55 AM   #21
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

A couple of phenomena you may notice:

1) Chores you think you need to do you will find yourself saying--"Oh why worry about it, I can always do that tomorrow."

2) Many times you will have to go look at the calender to remember what day of the week it is.

Congratulations. If my kids didn't go to school, I would never know if it was the weekend or not. In the summer, when they're home, I DON'T ever know when it is the weekend.

Later, I have a chore to do---never mind, I can do it tomorrow.

You prepared well, planned well, and made use of the opportunites we all have to so order your affairs to allow you to make this work to retirement choice. It is a wonder why so many, with the same opportunities we have, choose to squander their chances with shortsighted choices.

And go see your still working compatriots from time to time and rub it in. If any get irked, lower the boom on them and tell them how they squandered the same chances you had.

Enjoy this new phase of your life you made possible for yourself.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-09-2007, 12:03 PM   #22
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireeRobert View Post
1) Chores you think you need to do you will find yourself saying--"Oh why worry about it, I can always do that tomorrow."

2) Many times you will have to go look at the calender to remember what day of the week it is.
In other words, nothing changes. Shucks I'm been a procrastinator for 62 years. I keep meaning to fix the problem, but hey, it can wait until tomorrow. And I never know what the day and date are without looking at my watch or my palm computer.
ScottFromUtah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 01:25 PM   #23
Full time employment: Posting here.

Well its been alittle over two months now and the garage can now hold two cars in it. Much golf has been played and I went on one golf trip with some friends. Its getting too cold to golf much now so I have started restoring a 1971 Porsche 911.

The first thing I notice are the days just fly by. And I don't like weekends, things are too crowded and people are in a hurry on the weekend, and some things are closed.
dm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 02:28 PM   #24

dm,

I had to smile when I saw you're starting to restore a 911. That's in my plans too. Mine is a 1970 model 911T, and I want to feel it corner again. Restoring it to acceptable appearance and good working condition is on my list. Keep us informed on the progress and what problems you encounter.
Old 12-11-2007, 05:35 PM   #25

Restore is probably not the right term. I already have a stock 73 911t. Im making this one more of a hot rod. I picked up a 84 3.2 euro motor to go into the 71. I also have to pick up a new trans to handle the new motor. This one is going to be more of a period lightweight track car. I sure wish I didn't sell my 72S a few years ago, the S models are getting expensive.
dm is offline   Reply With Quote