Made it to the other bay

For those who may be tracking our 3000 mile cross-country move from Tampa to San Francisco, we got here safe and sound and are just now finishing our unpacking. This neighborhood is awesome with scores of restaurants (modest prices, family run, authentic), lots of walking routes, 25 min to SF by commuter rail. It will be a perfect staging area (month to month rental) for finding a house or condo to purchase after we catch our breath and get to know the area better.

The move itself - that is, Allied Van Lines and affiliates - was a disaster; damaged furniture, lost items, 9 days late showing up, etc. Just stuff, nothing really "important." I can confirm that the unburdening effect of a large downsize truly is liberating in many ways. Not easy, but worth it for us.

The kids/grandkids seem genuinely glad to have us nearby. We were pressed into serious service twice already due to pneumonia occurring in my grandson and d-in-law around the same time, so we have had them all over, feeding them and DW is happily nurturing away (they're both recovering well). D-in-L: "You got here in the nick of time."

We'll venture into SF in the upcoming week and catch a Giants game, maybe catch dinner. Everything is all right.

Rich
PS: screen name and sig under adjusment soon.

Hey neighbor you are moving in as we are moving out. Enjoy the State it has many things to offer. Make sure you visit the Squeeze Inn on one of your outings ;)

Love a good burger. Any branches on the Peninsula?

They have one in Napa area. I'm sure you wont need much of an excuse to head in that direction. But you are around so much great food and culture. Might take you awhile to make it there. LOL

Back
Top Bottom