Maybe not FIRE? I want to build things

Ronstar >>> Interesting story. I also built mine in 1984 and I'm 63 and will have to agree a home will be more then I want these days also. Lol

It is fun to think back at those days and wonder how we did it all. LOL

I also had carpet installed and texturing done. I didn't make that clear in my first post.

I'm still in the process of trying to purchase more land. The piece that I'm after has a 100 plus year old farm shop (~30X40) I would rebuild. It would be a fun project and to rebuild some corrals and fencing to do. Those projects I wouldn't have any problem doing. The one thing I could take my time and doesn't have to get done either.

It is fun to think back to the old days and wonder how we did it. I can't imagine building a house now while working full time.

Hope you get that piece of land you're after. Rebuilding a barn would be a fun project.

The piece that I'm after has a 100 plus year old farm shop (~30X40) I would rebuild.
Our farm property we moved to has a very old stable pole barn (20'x40') . I plan to rebuild that for equipment storage eventually. Keep some of the old siding, poles and beams. Some of the rotten rafters and purlins may need replacement. We will also need a new metal roof.

^ that sounds fun and for me those type of projects are so rewarding.

Any builders here?

Have spent my career in tech too, and buying a house has triggered similar feelings for me, the idea of building one seems really appealing, especially after all the not-to-code/outright dangerous flaws we and our contractors found in our new house (which had been renovated for the sale, so it was recent bad work). If you do go down that route it would be interesting to hear about your experiences.

Back
Top Bottom