Milestone Day

USK Coastie

Recycles dryer sheets
Yesterday I turned in my retirement papers. Final wok day will be June 29,2007. Last evening watching the river flow by after sunset I thought back to all of the jobs I've held over 40 years. I can't say anyone one of them was a job I loved. Liked several of of them at the start but all seemed to become mundane in time. One note is that I've known or been married to DW for the entire time. Maybe its my INTP personality but w^^k has never really been an interest. Solving problems yes routine stuff no.

Really looking forward to every day being a Saturday. Yes I plan to do anything I want when asked "What will you do all day".:D:D:D:D

Congratulations Coastie! One month to go then freedom to choose what you do all day.

Life is great knowing you don't have to go to work every morning.

Good luck to you and your DW and have a Happy ER.

I want to add my congrats as well!

I imagine you almost feel giddy. Wouldn't it be great if you could bottle the feeling? I'd buy a case or two! :D

Happy ER to you !
Working for the big G can wear one down over the years. You will enjoy the feeling of not having to report for duty at anyone's whim. Your the Skipper now so what you say goes. Enjoy :)
Kitty

Yesterday I turned in my retirement papers. Final wok day will be June 29,2007. Last evening watching the river flow by after sunset I thought back to all of the jobs I've held over 40 years. I can't say anyone one of them was a job I loved. Liked several of of them at the start but all seemed to become mundane in time. One note is that I've known or been married to DW for the entire time. Maybe its my INTP personality but w^^k has never really been an interest. Solving problems yes routine stuff no.

Really looking forward to every day being a Saturday. Yes I plan to do anything I want when asked "What will you do all day".:D:D:D

Congrats, DW's and my er date is June 29th also.
You got me thinking about what my work has meant to me over the last 30 years or so. I ran a paving business for about 18 years. I would work 7 days a week for about 8 months a year. I would take a break for a while on Sundays and DW and I would just drive around and talk. It took her a while to notice that I was driving by the jobs I did the previous week:D. I really enjoyed the work when I was younger and had a lot of pride in it. I still have pride now but it's been years since I've enjoyed it.
Best wishes, ronc

Congrats Coastie on handing in your papers. I'm sure the next month will fly by and before you know it you will be constantly asked "so what do you do all day"?

Back
Top Bottom