Missouri Good Place To Retire?

My former nieghbor's father lives in Missouri. For the price of a dinky, fixer upper, efficiency condo in my area he has a nice 3 bedroom 2 bath home on an acre of land in Missouri.

Yea.... Sounds good to me.

By the way another great place to retire is Arkansas. My friends from Arkansas call it 'The forgotten state' and hope it stays that way.

Along the lines of what I want to suggest: Mountain Home, AR. Very near the MO/AR border....two big lakes....good medical care...a retiree hotspot...

I'm interested. ;)

Along the lines of what I want to suggest: Mountain Home, AR. Very near the MO/AR border....two big lakes....good medical care...a retiree hotspot.... ;)

I will agree about Mountain Home. Norfolk Lake is deep and very clear. Bull Shoals Lake is just to the west, and it is one of the premier lakes in the U.S. They have a very quality society in Mountain Home and the other state line cities to the west. The difference is the people:-they're just nicer than other places.I

We used to scuba dive up there.

Hot and extremely humid isn't where I would want to live. I would rather live in the north with snow and drier climate then humidity. You can have that weather when you just stand there and the water runs off of you. LOL

I lived in MO my entire life. The heat isnt so bad, or maybe I am just used to it...But what I never get used to is the bugs. Nothing like sitting on a deck to enjoy the evening only to start smacking bugs constantly and then giving up and going back inside. They only seem to bother me when I am sitting trying to actually enjoy the evening. And this is just in small towns....Head out to farmland out in the country and you better put your hat over your sandwich when its on a plate.
Lack of bugs is the first thing I notice anytime I leave MO for a trip to Az or NV. Even just got back from Riviera Maya this week and I didnt battle a bug the entire trip. But I did have a raccoon come out of the jungle, proceeded to stand right next to me on his back two feet like a person with front paws extended out to me begging for some of my food.

I lived in MO my entire life. The heat isnt so bad, or maybe I am just used to it...But what I never get used to is the bugs. Nothing like sitting on a deck to enjoy the evening only to start smacking bugs constantly and then giving up and going back inside. They only seem to bother me when I am sitting trying to actually enjoy the evening. And this is just in small towns....Head out to farmland out in the country and you better put your hat over your sandwich when its on a plate.
Lack of bugs is the first thing I notice anytime I leave MO for a trip to Az or NV. Even just got back from Riviera Maya this week and I didnt battle a bug the entire trip. But I did have a raccoon come out of the jungle, proceeded to stand right next to me on his back two feet like a person with front paws extended out to me begging for some of my food.
Bugs OMG!

When we first moved to MO people told us about chiggers. We really didn't believe them, we thought it was some weird racist crap. We failed to heed warnings about tall weeds and exposed skin. It wasn't a good experience.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trombiculidae

They are real and really nasty.

Back
Top Bottom