Most affordable housing areas: "Why not Minot?"

73ss454 said:
I was going to drive to Texas to see the Alamo one day.  I think I'll stay home.  What made Santa Anna's men want to go there??

That's easy... it was the soup kitchen just down the street and around the corner.  It was in full operation the last time I was there.  :D

I recently visited McAllen, TX, which some list recently highlighted as one of the 10 most undervalued places in the country.   I wasn't expecting much (except for fire ants, scorpions, etc).

The lower valley has the poorest counties in the US now. Spent some time down in Brownsville area in the 70's, it was nice.  Was back again in the 90's, it was completely different. Guard dogs and off-duty cops providing security. Looked pretty squalid from what it looked like in the 70's.

Nords said:
Sensing that he shared the sacred secret to submarine success, I asked him how he was able to keep such a cheerful perspective. He told me: ...

Nords, that was amazing!

Brat said:
Yes, and labor contractors trying to entice recent immigrants to come north.  The yarns spun imply that streets paved with money.

Lots of truth to those rumors. Minnesota is offering housing in plush townhome communities west of Minneapolis free of charge to illegals who come on up to serve as laborers in the ice carving industry.

Nords said:
Geez, talk about social promotion, now they're letting rattlesnakes attend middle school?!?

Yep. It's all a part of the "No Rattlesnake Left Behind" program for the early identification of future politcal candidates...

Nords said:
Sensing that he shared the sacred secret to submarine success, I asked him how he was able to keep such a cheerful perspective.  He told me:  "I grew up in a small town in North Dakota called Minot.  Their motto was 'Why Not Minot?' and now I know why not.  I'm just happy to be here instead of there and to know that no matter how bad things are now, I'll never have to go back to Minot!"

Heheheh (UncleMick is rubbing off on me), I used to have a client that had a major facility in Minot, back when I worked a job where we were encouraged to visit client sites from time to time.  Mysteriously, my senior colleague always preferred to schedule our visits to this client in February at their Miami facility...

Of course, I was suitably impressed by their fortress compound corporate campus south of Miami that had been built to withstand a Class 5 hurricane direct hit after the previous facility was flattened by Hurricane Andrew.  I'm sure Florida is nice, but I have no desire to live there after seeing that concrete bunker.

REWahoo! said:
Yep.  It's all a part of the "No Rattlesnake Left Behind" program for the early identification of future politcal candidates...

:LOL: I'm glad I took a break today to read some posts, this struck my funnybone!

Laurence said:
:LOL: I'm glad I took a break today to read some posts, this struck my funnybone!
So, Laurence, any update to the Booz Allen thread?

3rd interview is Wednesday, I think we are just negotiating price at this point....I'll update that thread wed. night. once I'm done. :)

Back
Top Bottom