Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Movie Pass-except you can't see any movies
Old 07-31-2018, 05:29 PM   #1
Full time employment: Posting here.

Movie Pass-except you can't see any movies

CAN'T SEE ANY MOVIES....

Purchased Movie Pass 2 months ago worked fine than....

They implemented surge pricing where you pay extra to see a movie during peak times which is pretty much all weekend.

Than they run low on $$$ so the application you use to get your movie is going down all the time.

I think the days are numbered for this company....Anyone else
capjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-31-2018, 05:34 PM   #2

They just put out new rules today:

Going forward it's 14.95 per month
New Wide releases will be blacked out for the first 2 weeks

(article via LA Times today)
Fighting to survive, MoviePass is getting more expensive — and blockbusters won't be available for 2 weeks
Aerides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 05:59 PM   #3

Great and when I want to go tonight on a Tuesday I get "There are no more screening at this..." for every theatre within 20 miles of my home in the suburbs of chicago....Really.....

It's 2 for 1 Tuesdays at several theaters
Old 07-31-2018, 06:22 PM   #4
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I posted in another thread they made it almost impossible to cancel, and many other Redditors had the same issue, so it seemed like they really needed the cash even earlier in the year. I was almost going to have to resort to a dispute to our credit card company when I found some customer support contact info on Reddit that actually connected to a real person. Before that they still charged me for the next month even after I had cancelled and initially refused to reverse the charges.
Even clouds seem bright and breezy, 'Cause the livin' is free and easy, See the rat race in a new way, Like you're wakin' up to a new day (Dr. Tarr and Professor Fether lyrics, Alan Parsons Project, based on an EA Poe story)
daylatedollarshort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 07:03 PM   #5
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Sorry, this is partially our fault. We also signed up about 2 months ago and have so far seen 29 movies for $20. At first it was any movie any time. Now it is getting more difficult but still a good deal while it lasts.
RetireAge50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 02:03 PM   #6
Dryer sheet aficionado

I was aware of changes. We have got ours by buying a year through Costco after reading a thread here back in December or January I think. Got our money's worth. But they were mentioned on the news as having significant cash flow problems, so maybe I better use it more before they collapse all together.
king smoothie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 02:09 PM   #7
Confused about dryer sheets

I also bought a dozen through Costco for the entire family as Christmas gifts. Based on the headlines, I assume they will be useless shortly - but we certainly got our money's worth.
CalmSeasQuest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 02:21 PM   #8
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

DH bought a pass from Costco but almost never used it while it was still working. Then we tried to using it a couple of times last week to see a movie and it wouldn't let us use it on any movie theater we could find. He called Costco to address it and they refunded the entire amount.
Ready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 06:38 PM   #9

5 minutes before leaving for movie that was available low and behold the app changed to "no more viewing in your area" uggggggg.

They are going to go out of business if this continues....
Old 08-08-2018, 07:07 PM   #10
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ready View Post
DH bought a pass from Costco but almost never used it while it was still working. Then we tried to using it a couple of times last week to see a movie and it wouldn't let us use it on any movie theater we could find. He called Costco to address it and they refunded the entire amount.
Wow!
Old 08-08-2018, 08:49 PM   #11
Give me a forum ...

We have had no issues at all. Hope it continues
Teacher Terry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 06:59 AM   #12
Give me a forum ...

Clark Howard says they have had to go to a high interest loan company to help keep themselves afloat. He does not recommend them..... anymore.