Join Early Retirement Today

Old 09-21-2020, 07:01 AM   #81
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68bucks View Post
Oh that's right I forgot they just sent out money to everyone with income below a certain level, whether they needed it or not. Thanks for reminding me. We obviously didn't get it.
Yes. Spending of liquid assets had no effect (except on our happy lives, anyway). Until I take my SS (at 70 during 2030), we are gonna look poor to the IRS. I've got familial longevity and have planned to age 99 for us both just in case. GGM, GM died at 101, DM is still very spry at 84 driving from Houston to KY every year- sometimes as many as 3 times. DH has taken better care of his body than his ancestors, so he is a "who knows?". My super conservative calcs. have me leaving $ on the table even with a (to us) high spend rate.

I suspect most in here did not get any stimulus money. Being a part of the peanut gallery works just fine for me, though. Sadly, our entire travel budget is just sitting around, waiting for Nov. when we will have our snowbird cat-sitter back. DM didn't make her summer trip this year, but she is coming for the holidays no matter what.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2020, 07:58 AM   #82
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

No Debt, No fret.
Old 09-23-2020, 06:05 AM   #83
gone traveling

Rather go to bed without dinner than rise in debt. Slaves to debt is what describes the USA.
Nick12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 06:15 AM   #84
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick12 View Post
Rather go to bed without dinner than rise in debt. Slaves to debt is what describes the USA.
"I will gladly pay you Tuesday, for a hamburger today" - Wimpy Wellington
HawkeyeNFO is offline   Reply With Quote