National Park Visit today................

C

Cut-Throat

Weather is a perfect 68 and Sunny and the trout are biting.

I visited the Mesa Verde National Park today. Thank god we have National Parks. One place in the U.S. is free from Wall Marts and Oil Wells! Here is a view from the Top of a Mesa in the Park.

img_294947_0_3a11913cd96cd519773016128626bf0a.jpg

I love Mesa Verde. Thanks for sharing the view!

Cut-Throat, you're bringing back memories of my trip a couple of years ago. :) Great park, though we noted that a lot of acres had been scorched by wildfires ... hope things are looking a bit better.

And BTW, the Strater was a nice place to stay, but it had one annoyance -- they didn't turn the heat on until 10 p.m.. Certainly didn't want to make me lounge around the room in the evening!

Cutthroat: (Lord of the Manor). Beautiful shot. You do know how to live!

By the way, I got my Golden Age passport, a couple of years ago that allows me and all passengers in my car free access to all Nat'l Parks for life.

It was an outrageous one time fee of $10.00.

Catch a lot of fish, and wish you no knots in your leader.

Hi CT,

I get up to Mesa Verde a couple of times a year typically.  There are a lot of archaeology projects and meetings there.  I've always thought that this area provided a good argument for a belief that the Ancestral Puebloans (previously known as Anasazi) understood the value of a good view when it comes to real estate.   :D :D :D

I agree with C-T about the parks and where he is fishing
is an especially beautiful area. It is nice to be away
from Walmarts and oil wells (although some Texas
friends think oil wells are quite attractive :).
Back to the parks, now if we could only keep the rabble out..............

JG

C-T,
No WalMarts or Oil Wells. Ah, but were there any Republicans there? You didn't find Dick Cheney, did you?

C-T,
No WalMarts or Oil Wells. Ah, but were there any Republicans there? You didn't find Dick Cheney, did you?

Let's not forget his impartial buddy, Justice Scalia. If you find Dick, you may find Antonin as well.

MJ :D

(imagining Dick Cheney as the Wal-mart greeter, and then discovering the wal-mart sells home oil wells...)

Beautiful picture, Cut-Throat. Thanks.

Mikey

Back
Top Bottom