Neighbors do the funniest things...

Dash man

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I’m sure many of us have experiences to share in the neighborhoods we’ve lived in. As an early retiree we probably have become more observant of what is happening. What humorous tale do you have to tell?

My neighbor is an attractive widow in her early 60s. Her devoted husband passed from brain cancer at age 59, leaving comfortable for the rest of her life. After a year of spending time with her girlfriends and family, she decided to start dating again. One warm fall evening we were spending time outside on our patio with some family, drinking wine and sharing stories...when all of a sudden there was a scream from my neighbors upstairs window. We all looked at each other knowing it was not a scream of pain and quietly moved into the house. My niece looked at us, not understanding, and said “isn’t someone going to help her?” Her mother explained to her, “honey, that was a happy scream!”

Share your neighborhood stories:

There's another thread asking "Have you ever heard a fox scream at 3AM?".

I think this post might be more appropriate there. :LOL:

We live in a neighborhood of fairly small houses on larger lots near DC, and it seems to be something of a draw for eccentric people.

Our street has included a neighbor who drew the game wardens to her house for trying to raise a fawn deer on her screen porch, another who put up "No Trespassing" signs around his electric meter to keep the power company from changing it to a "smart meter", and a third who has done so many odd things with her small dogs that my wife can no longer talk to her for fear of greeting her with the prefix "Crazy" before her name.

We had a neighbor from Paris who had 3 cats and a dog. Then one day she showed up with another dog with his back leg in a cast. She said it had been hit by a car and the owner was going to put it down. She asked if she could look after it. The cast did not work so the leg was amputated. The dog recovered fine with 3 legs. Then one day she said the neighbor threatened her for stealing the dog. She hired private security after reporting to the police. She has since moved back to Paris and all 6 are doing fine.

There's another thread asking "Have you ever heard a fox scream at 3AM?".

I think this post might be more appropriate there. :LOL:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom