nm

Re: Short Video I took of Kodiak Bears........................

I think I see 4. Not sure if I saw one by the water. :-\

Cut-Throat said:
Click to Play. Count the bears. How many do you see?
Lemme get this straight: you have large, toothy carnivores with sharp claws trained to hang around your cabin all day & night. The nearest medical facility is a trip measured in hours rather than in miles.

And you guys are paying for this?!?

Ohhhh, that is so very cool. I saw three. They are so beautiful and impressive. Yes, scary too. But then I love that. I live in a town where mountain lions and black bears show up in your back yard. Luckily, I don't have a back yard.

I think after you read this, you will decide to go surfing instead of taking on those home improvement projects you work on.

Arrrghh...attacked by a room sanitizer!! Of course these are the statistics that are two steps past lies and one step past d@mned lies. ::) Compare the numbers of injuries to the number of hours spent "at risk" in each endeavor, and compare the severity of the injuries, and then the numbers might start to mean something.

BTW, how did you shoo the bears away when you wanted to go out fishing or go down to the lagoon to watch the sunset (does it set there?)?

scrinch said:
BTW, how did you shoo the bears away when you wanted to go out fishing or go down to the lagoon to watch the sunset (does it set there?)?

30-06 Springfield

I was told today that the Kodiak and the Grizzly are actually the same speciies ... the Kodiak simply lives closer to the coast, eats more fish (salmon / fat), and therefore looks somewhat different ... but still the same species. Anyone verify?

Charles said:
I was told today that the Kodiak and the Grizzly are actually the same speciies ... the Kodiak simply lives closer to the coast, eats more fish (salmon / fat), and therefore looks somewhat different ... but still the same species. Anyone verify?

Not sure about the coast/eats more fish part, but otherwise I believe
this is correct.

JG

Charles said:

Yup, same species. Because of the rich diet it gets a lot bigger also.

Beautiful animals! I saw nine of them over the course of a 10-day backpack in the Brooks Range a few years ago and that was from eye level - no viewing towers up there!

We have a vacation home up in Lake Tahoe. Wife heard some knocking on the door one night. We had a lil bear visitor. He look at me I look at him. Shut the door, yelled at him and when I opened the door he left a nice puddle of piss on the porch. Had it been a kodiak the puddle of piss would have probably been mine :eek:

Interesting. Thanks, guys.

Great story, Mwsinron.

Back
Top Bottom