On the path for end of May RE & feeling good

JonnyM said:
I'm so there!   Today (Thursday) is my Friday, so I'm in a good mood (for being at work) today, and knowing I've only two more Fridays is darn right GOLDEN...    :D

Congratulations!  

I gave them 2 weeks notice when I took my first ER.  Long story.  Where I am now I feel Ok giving them at least a month maybe two.  My last week was great!  My new boss was so pissed at me for leaving.   :D  I requested no goodby party but somebody snagged a cake and me before I escaped but otherwise it was a clean break on the last day.  I left early and ducked the glad handing and other stuff I did not wish to endure.  Handing over the ID and keys was such a great feeling...sort of like being cleansed.  New life flowed into me and the sky seemed a lot bluer.  

I know I will feel much the same way when I do it again.  Maybe not as much since this job is so much less a pain in the butt and people here are so much nicer and more professional in a lot of ways.  But, leaving the workplace for good and purging my brain of 30+ years of regulations, product history and the location of several thousand files will be such a relief.  Never having to do this job again will be very nice and starting on the next phase of my life will be wonderful.

Enjoy your last days.  You will be free soon and will be starting oput on the rest of your life.

I have asked for no party, I just attended the typical on-site one for a couple co-workers, and NO-Way, I mean PowerPoints with a lifetime of photos, speechs, bad jokes, and much more. NOT my thing. I believe my immediate staff are planning a "suprise" lunch for me with about a week to go, Off-site (I'll be drinking, hic) and I'm OK with that, although it's really more for them then me (I rationalize). I've avoided actually telling anyone (outside HR), my last day, so I can sneak out the back door quietly.

My former boss, who retired 3 years ago, and who's position I assumed has agreed (in principle) to show up and be sitting in my office the next day after. It should freak out staff pretty good. Of course, she has been retired for 3 years, who's to say if she'll bother to show up, after all it would involve getting up early! 8)

Back
Top Bottom