Join Early Retirement Today

Old 01-03-2015, 01:17 PM   #61
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBAustin View Post
+1 on the personal blacklist. We still get too darn many cr*p calls but a whole lot less than we used to.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum
+2
Ditto on the joy of putting cr*p calls like "This is "mary" from credit call services" in the dungeon of blocked calls.

I also find the second line of use if want to add a party to a call.
Nwsteve
nwsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Ooma and Ooma handsets
Old 07-05-2015, 06:09 PM   #62
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Ooma and Ooma handsets

I'm finally finishing an out-of-state permanent move that has taken a year to accomplish completely.

I decided to try Ooma rather than traditional land line in the new location and to get it ready while still in the old. I didn't want to port my old phone number.

Amazon had a decent price on the Telo + wi-fi/bluetooth adapter so I bought that. Discover has a current (3Q 2015) 5% cashback offer on Amazon purchases, which lowered the equipment cost a little bit.

I just went wi-fi only from the start and the only stumble is that my home network is not "visible" (e.g., it doesn't show to devices, you have to know the name and password). I was able to fix that in the web setup process, but it wasn't obvious so I did the "support chat" thing for help.

Once set up, I was surprised at the clarity - no dropouts, tones, delays, etc.

The cost for me is tax ($4.x/mo). As a new subscriber, I have a free trial to Premium but if it keeps working so well after more experience, I'll pay the $9.99/mo for that. Overall, it's much less expensive than what AT&T was getting from me.

By the way, Ooma is yet another thing I first learned of right here at e-r.org.

steelyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 07:39 PM   #63
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Me too. We switched to Ooma two months ago. We're paying for premium for its national blacklist. No
more robocalls and very few sales calls of any kind. We like it very much.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum
EastWest Gal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 07:17 AM   #64
Give me a forum ...

We've been using Ooma since mid 2011. Quite happy with it overall. In the times we have has call quality issues, it usually turned out to be an internet problem.

I had originally bought Premier because we needed two line when I was working. I'm rethinking that now that I am retired.

Retired Jan 2012 at age 56
pb4uski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 07:57 AM   #65
Give me a forum ...

I might move to Oona too. I have Vonage and Ooma will be cheaper (I will have to invest money on the equipment/number porting which will be paid in a little over a year due to the difference in cost..)
tmm99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 11:01 AM   #66
Give me a forum ...

Like all Ooma customers, I received an email about their recent IPO. I am so pleased with the product and performance that I bought a small amount (1 lot, 100 shares). It'll be fun to watch, of course I would like to see Zooma-Zooma but I don't care either way.

That is most definitely not a recommendation. Do what I say if you are tired of owning your money. I don't have the inflated ego required to post and promote stock blogs!

steelyman is offline   Reply With Quote