Our First adventure!!!

Super advice and thanks. That makes me feel better. I am going to start in MA and head north for a week or two and see how it goes. Good information on transportation!

My wife agrees the we/I may get bored.

We do lots of day hikes in the Smoky Mountains including sections of the AT. We have talked to lots of thru-hikers. I think the thing that stands out the most from their observations are just how much devotion to the goal it takes to stick with it.

We do lots of day hikes in the Smoky Mountains including sections of the AT. We have talked to lots of thru-hikers. I think the thing that stands out the most from their observations are just how much devotion to the goal it takes to stick with it.

My favorite story about thru hikers is one guy I met when I was hiking the AT down near Mt. Rogers (VA) at the Thomas Knob shelter. He had all his clothes spread out on the picnic table. I asked him what he was doing and he told me he was cutting the labels out of his clothes to save weight. That's dedication.

Super advice and thanks. That makes me feel better. I am going to start in MA and head north for a week or two and see how it goes. Good information on transportation!

My wife agrees the we/I may get bored.

One last comment - Another good section is NJ/NY. You can park at Bear Mountain, then take a bus to NYC and then to DWG. And then hike back to your car.

Back
Top Bottom