Retired - They want me back - what to charge?

Don't forget the uplift for holiday pay and for attending all those boring corporate meetings. I worked for 250% of my base and included networking time (10%) in the base rate. I must admit that I enjoyed my work flexibility and skipping any meeting I wanted.

(They liked my attitude so much that I went back as an executive in a subsequent assignment. I avoided the politics by saying I was there for a good time not a long time.)

If you are under 65 and are collecting a pension from your former company, under IRS rules, your pension will be suspended if you work for your former company. If you don't have a pension, then it doesn't matter.

Do you have a cite for that? I'm curious.

As much as I liked my work, I was sufficiently unhappy with the work environment at megacorp that I not only burned the bridge, I dug up its foundations, footings, and leveled the ground so no evidence of it was left.

No, I did not speak my mind and just left quietly. However, I made a firm decision to never come back.

I could be bribed. If they offered $1000/hr, then I might reconsider. OK, OK, I may settle for $500/hr. But as there's no chance that they would, well, there's no point in talking.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom