RV purchases and storage

BM, what a great deal you have. I would park ours there too. Here it costs a fortune.

Here's one of the bigger new class-B's I talked about. It is really larger than the photo conveys. The length is more than 24 ft, and interior height is perhaps 6-1/2'. The new price is more than $100K.

winnebago-era.png.pagespeed.ce.VInGzDRLog.png

Winnebago even has an ERA model with a floorplan that sports a dry bath, a rarity in the class-B size.

era-murphy-bed-17.jpg

Last edited:
There are also some class-B motorhomes also based on the same Mercedes Sprinter 3500 chassis (with rear dually wheels), but with a fancy lithium battery system and a large inverter to run the heat pump. Price is more than $150K.

We're 5'10" & 6'2". Most class Bs don't have enough interior height. Bathrooms in any class rv often don't have enough elbow room. Beds are mostly too short. I don't like the look class Cs with the over the cab sleeping space. We don't already own a tow vehicle. I don't want to travel in a pick up. I don't want anything soft sided. Any vehicle I park here gets critter damage to wiring if it's not driven every few days. I don't think I have the patience to drive long highway distances under 70mph. I don't have indoor storage. I don't see us traveling for months at a time. Inexpensive class As we've looked at are fret with water damage, delamination, old carbureted engines loaded with cumbersome emission controls and smell bad. I don't have the extra income to make payments, and I won't put a large chunk of our nest egg into a money pit. I don't want to rent and be responsible for someones $80000 vehicle, it would be my first time driving one, and the cost of renting too far exceeds the cost of car/motel. Also wife has little enthusiasm for the RV idea. But, in my fantacies, there some aspects of RV travel that sound attractive.
There's a ad for 2001 25ft class a 36k miles, for $14500, that looks good, but I can't talk myself into making the call.

Reactions: W2R
There are also some class-B motorhomes also based on the same Mercedes Sprinter 3500 chassis (with rear dually wheels), but with a fancy lithium battery system and a large inverter to run the heat pump. Price is more than $150K.

One of my neighbors has one of these MB's (Winnebago) and it is beautiful. (But expensive).

We're 5'10" & 6'2". Most class Bs don't have enough interior height. Bathrooms in any class rv often don't have enough elbow room. Beds are mostly too short. I don't like the look class Cs with the over the cab sleeping space. We don't already own a tow vehicle. I don't want to travel in a pick up. I don't want anything soft sided. Any vehicle I park here gets critter damage to wiring if it's not driven every few days. I don't think I have the patience to drive long highway distances under 70mph. I don't have indoor storage. I don't see us traveling for months at a time. Inexpensive class As we've looked at are fret with water damage, delamination, old carbureted engines loaded with cumbersome emission controls and smell bad. I don't have the extra income to make payments, and I won't put a large chunk of our nest egg into a money pit. I don't want to rent and be responsible for someones $80000 vehicle, it would be my first time driving one, and the cost of renting too far exceeds the cost of car/motel. Also wife has little enthusiasm for the RV idea. But, in my fantacies, there some aspects of RV travel that sound attractive.
There's a ad for 2001 25ft class a 36k miles, for $14500, that looks good, but I can't talk myself into making the call.

^^^ I read a lot of "I don't like". It is best that you stay away from RV's. :)

Besides, that cheapo class A may bring a lot of grief. When I first looked into getting a used RV, I was surprised to see used class A's depreciated the most, followed by class C's. The class B's hold up the best. I suspect it all boils down to the ones needing the most expensive repair and maintenance being the ones commanding the lowest price on the used market.

Yep, far away.

Yep, thatguy and I and a few others should stand way over there in a remote corner of the room. You know, the corner labeled "Own an RV? Seriously? What, do you think I'm bat$hit crazy?" :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom