Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

San Antonio, dream retirement town
Old 09-05-2008, 04:00 PM   #1
Recycles dryer sheets

San Antonio, dream retirement town

I'm visiting for a few days and loving it here. River Walk, Alamo, Market Square, what a nice town to retire in.

Keep the secret. A local said that the last rattlesnake left here in the 70's and scorpions are completely docile. People keep em for pets.

I loved the Alamo and the park. Alamo

Meals all over downtown for $3.99 lunch, Chinese, Mexican, deli, nice. Hospital is super modern and great air con.

River Walk has a duck gaggle to rival On Golden Pond.

Great town to move to.
Enuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-05-2008, 04:02 PM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

REWahoo! Quick! Gitafterim! Call out the posse - quick!

Audrey
audreyh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 04:02 PM   #3
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Gaaaaaaaaaakkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!

I suppose the rattlesnake I killed in my front yard on Wednesday was just imaginary....

Time for a refresher: Texas is infested with scorpions, rattlesnakes, fire ants, crazy raspberry ants, cockroaches on steroids, killer bees, mosquitoes, ticks, chiggers, tarantulas, brown recluse spiders, love bugs, swarming crickets, copperheads, cottonmouths, rabid skunks, wild hogs, alligators, oppressive heat & humidity, bleak desolate scenery, dirty beaches, polluted air, dust storms, drought, wildfires, water shortages, recurring floods, tornadoes, hurricanes, rednecks, huge piles of flaming mulch, spontaneously combusting playgrounds, roads hot as flowing lava, the stench of natural and unnatural gasses, amoebic meningitis lurking in area lakes, recurring ebola virus outbreaks, flesh eating bacteria, staggering homeowner insurance rates, unbelievably high property taxes, mandatory death sentences for DUI convictions, polygamous religious sects, and, lest we forget, doesn't look kindly towards Yankees (per Orchidflower).
Old 09-05-2008, 04:15 PM   #4
Recycles dryer sheets

I'm from NYC and I was welcomed with open arms. A maraschino band welcomed me at the airport.

Those other things you mention are everywhere these days.

I love San Antonio. Love it. Lots of character and the Mexican ladies are fine. Fine.

Fire ants can be a great marital aide.
Old 09-05-2008, 04:20 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enuf View Post
I'm visiting for a few days and loving it here. River Walk, Alamo, Market Square, what a nice town to retire in.
I agree, it is a nice place to visit...
Quote:
A local said that the last rattlesnake left here in the 70's and scorpions are completely docile. People keep em for pets.
You can't be serious. Was that "local" sitting under a downtown overpass gripping a bottle wrapped in a brown paper bag? Thought so..
Quote:
I loved the Alamo and the park. Alamo
Did the tour guide tell you why they built it downtown?
Quote:
Meals all over downtown for $3.99 lunch, Chinese, Mexican, deli, nice.
Didn't get a look at their health score reports did you?
Quote:
Hospital is super modern and great air con.
Didn't think so...
Quote:
River Walk has a duck gaggle to rival On Golden Pond.
Peking Duck on the hoof...
Quote:
Great town to move to.
See above...
Old 09-05-2008, 04:20 PM   #6

Quote:
A maraschino band welcomed me at the airport.
Love those cherry bands!!!
Quote:
Fire ants can be a great marital aide.
I'm stung by the depravity of this statement.
Old 09-05-2008, 04:41 PM   #7
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
I agree, it is a nice place to visit...

You can't be serious. Was that "local" sitting under a downtown overpass gripping a bottle wrapped in a brown paper bag? Thought so..

Did the tour guide tell you why they built it downtown?

Didn't get a look at their health score reports did you?

Didn't think so...

Peking Duck on the hoof...

See above...
Nice places to visit are just the place a retiree should live. More visitors, more dance partners, more drinking partners, more xxx patners. Olay.

The local was a Franciscan priest in Travis Park. He was shocked that anyone would equate rattlesnakes with possible harm. God's creatures and all that. But those $3.99 food places did have higher health scores than I like to see.

A diner too clean is scary. Means the staff is spending way more time washing up and less time with the cooking. There is just so much bleach and ammonia that a person can eat when dining out. I say, let me eat food, not chemicals.

I'm more than positive that San Antonio is the place to be. They even have a bacon festival coming up.
Old 09-05-2008, 04:47 PM   #8

Quote:
I'm more than positive that San Antonio is the place to be. They even have a bacon festival coming up.

Hey mods!!! Enuf's account has been pirated by the San Antonio Chamber of Commerce!

Spammin' b@stards...
Old 09-05-2008, 04:54 PM   #9
Recycles dryer sheets

San Antonio is so sophisticated and suave that they don't Spam, they Quiche. Very upscale place. But they do slather it with Pace.

I like San Antonio, it's a happening "festival" town. Every last Saturday of the month, partay time on Houston. Woo hoooo. Don't miss it.

Got my editor alerted, writing an article called, "Texas, a retiree's dream".

Quote:

Hey mods!!! Enuf's account has been pirated by the San Antonio Chamber of Commerce!

Spammin' b@stards...
Old 09-05-2008, 05:06 PM   #10

Quote:
Got my editor alerted, writing an article called, "Texas, a retiree's dream".
Enuf, have you no common decency? Think of the innocent retirees lives that you could destroy.

Hrumphhh. You're probably one of those people who has a financial advisor and buys annuities...
Old 09-05-2008, 05:17 PM   #11
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Enuf, have you no common decency? Think of the innocent retirees lives that you could destroy.

Hrumphhh. You're probably one of those people who has a financial advisor and buys annuities...

I have just the last 2 days discovered my roots. Texas. My calling is to lead the flocks here to settle this fertile place.

These are words of David Crockett, and I second his emotions.

This is the first I have had an opertunity to write you with convinience I am now blessed with excellent health and am in high spirits although I have had many difficulties to encounter I have got through Safe and have been received by everybody with open cerimony of friendship I am hailed with harty welcom to this country. A dinner and a party of ladys have honored me with an invitation to partisapate both at Nacing doches [Nacogdoches]3 and at this place The Cannon was fired here on my arival and I must say as to what I have seen of Texas it is the garden spot of the world. The best land and best prospects for health I ever saw and I do so believe it is a fortune to any man to come here. There is a world of country to Settle.

To that I say, hear hear.

Come to Texas, find the garden spot of the world. My financial advice will be available for a moderate fee. See my site, www.Texasannuities.com.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:19 PM   #12

Just as I suspected: Annuity spam.

Where the heck is a moderator when you need them....
Old 09-05-2008, 05:31 PM   #13

Quote:
The local was a Franciscan priest in Travis Park.
Almost missed this.

Travis park? 20-1 odds the 'priest' was wearing a robe and offered to show you what was under it.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:39 PM   #14
Recycles dryer sheets

Yes, she did, I didn't know they were nude under the robe and that young.

I'm also running a web site, www.unrobedTexaspriestesses.com

Quote:
Almost missed this.

Travis park? 20-1 odds the 'priest' was wearing a robe and offered to show you what was under it.
Old 09-05-2008, 06:02 PM   #15

Quote:
Yes, she did...
She? Looks like Tranny Travis Park claimed another victim.
Old 09-05-2008, 06:19 PM   #16
Recycles dryer sheets

One more reason to come to Texas, lots of variety to chose from. I'm a converted Texian. God's country, and I'm loving it. I feel relieved to finally find the retirees dream home. Going out tomorrow and buy myself a Twelve Gallon hat, some extinct rattlesnake boots, and a set of spurs. Maybe a turquoise belt buckle.

I just had dinner over at Mi Tierra and I'm convinced that San Antonio has the best Mexican food in the US. One wonders, "what haven't we got here in San Antonio?". It's all here.

Come one, come all.

Also, see my site on www.sanantoniotranny.com

Quote:
She? Looks like Tranny Travis Park claimed another victim.
Old 09-05-2008, 06:27 PM   #17

<sigh> Your avatar sums up my final comment on this subject. Enuf.

Old 09-05-2008, 06:29 PM   #18
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Gaaaaaaaaaakkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!

Texas is infested with scorpions, rattlesnakes, fire ants, crazy raspberry ants, cockroaches on steroids, killer bees, mosquitoes, ticks, chiggers, tarantulas, brown recluse spiders, love bugs, swarming crickets, copperheads, cottonmouths, rabid skunks, wild hogs, alligators, oppressive heat & humidity, bleak desolate scenery, dirty beaches, polluted air, dust storms, drought, wildfires, water shortages, recurring floods, tornadoes, hurricanes, rednecks, huge piles of flaming mulch, spontaneously combusting playgrounds, roads hot as flowing lava, the stench of natural and unnatural gasses, amoebic meningitis lurking in area lakes, recurring ebola virus outbreaks, flesh eating bacteria, staggering homeowner insurance rates, unbelievably high property taxes, mandatory death sentences for DUI convictions, polygamous religious sects, and, lest we forget, doesn't look kindly towards Yankees (per Orchidflower).
And one grumpy RE guy?
Old 09-05-2008, 06:40 PM   #19
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
And one grumpy RE guy?
AMEN.
Old 09-05-2008, 07:11 PM   #20
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:

Time for a refresher: Texas is infested with scorpions, rattlesnakes, fire ants, crazy raspberry ants, cockroaches on steroids, killer bees, mosquitoes, ticks, chiggers, tarantulas, brown recluse spiders, love bugs, swarming crickets, copperheads, cottonmouths, rabid skunks, wild hogs, alligators, oppressive heat & humidity, bleak desolate scenery, dirty beaches, polluted air, dust storms, drought, wildfires, water shortages, recurring floods, tornadoes, hurricanes, rednecks, huge piles of flaming mulch, spontaneously combusting playgrounds, roads hot as flowing lava, the stench of natural and unnatural gasses, amoebic meningitis lurking in area lakes, recurring ebola virus outbreaks, flesh eating bacteria, staggering homeowner insurance rates, unbelievably high property taxes, mandatory death sentences for DUI convictions, polygamous religious sects, and, lest we forget, doesn't look kindly towards Yankees (per Orchidflower).
Awwww thanks Rew. What a nice warm welcome for all our evacuees from south Mississippi. Ike will be here by the middle of next week so we will arrive no later than next Tuesday. We will feel right at home.