Sean Connery's car and a "blow that dough" message

gromit

Recycles dryer sheets
The link below is an article about an auction of Sean Connery's personal 1964 Aston Martin. This was not the actual car used in the movies, but a similar one that he bought very late in life and had painted grey. Unfortunately, he waited so late to "blow that dough" and buy the car that he didn't get to really enjoy it.
"said Jason Connery. "You know, unfortunately, he never really got to enjoy the car that he'd bought.""
To me the article has an embedded cautionary message of don't wait too long on things you want to do or buy and have time to enjoy.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/20/business/sean-connery-aston-martin-db5-sale/index.html

ps: I can't mention Sean Connery without also saying he was a great actor. RIP

“You wanna get Capone? Here’s how you get him. He pulls a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue. That’s the Chicago way. And that’s how you get Capone!”
—The Untouchables

The ride along with Jackie Sewart in that car is worth $2.4 million by itself. :)

You get a pretty good look at a 64 AM in Seinfeld's Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee. It is the episode with Julia Louis Dreyfus.

Nice car for sure.

I bet one could build a kit car that looked the same but drove much better for a fraction of the cost of any of that model & year still for sale.

Hmmmm. For $2.4 Million, I could buy a new Vette and have $2.3 Million left over. To each his own and YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom