Showers

Since you retired, do you still take a shower (or bath) at least once a day?

• yes

Votes: 49 74.2%
  • no

Votes: 17 25.8%

• Total voters
ESRBob said:
Martha,
try asking the guys about shaving after ER -- I think the answers would be even more embarassing  :-[
Hey, twice a week whether I need to or not...

ESRBob said:
Martha,
try asking the guys about shaving after ER -- I think the answers would be even more embarassing  :-[
LOL! :LOL: :LOL: I finally told my husband to please grow a beard! Once we started RVing a lot, he decided shaving was optional! :LOL:

Audrey

We're moving on from dryer sheets now and saving money by conserving our razors...

Conserving razors? I've used the same electric razor for 5+ years, and I only have to charge it overnight once a month! No shaving cream, too!

Laurence said:
Conserving razors?  I've used the same electric razor for 5+ years, and I only have to charge it overnight once a month!  No shaving cream, too!
You use electricity? :eek: What a lavish lifestyle. :D :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Laurence said:
My neighbors haven't found the extension cord yet running through their backyard yet! :LOL:

Back in the '80s, when the air traffic controllers went on strike, my orthopedic surgen asked me how to automatically control the outlet on the side of his house because he thought the unemployed air traffic controller next door was stealing electricity from him during the day. We finally decided the least complex method was to simply keep the circuit breaker turned off. We spend a long time in quite a few appts talking about that. My Dr. told me I was the patient that he talked to the most.

Mike D.

Still take a shower first thing each morning but shaving is starting to be hit or miss. Especillay my legs. :D

Shower daily
Use Trac II razor blades for 2 weeks now, instead of just one week.

Hey, Ben!
How do the Trac IIs hold up by the end of the 2 weeks? I've found if I just shave real slow and make sure my whiskers are well-soaked, I can stretch those last few shaves (#s 10-15) out of el-cheapo Bic disposables, too.

Hope things are going well for you at the BallPark now that baseball season is in swing again?

You know, my wife uses the Target brand triple blade men's shavers for her legs, bought a pack a year ago and is still on them. :eek: I've used them and found them excellent, and they are super cheap.

Laurence said:
You know, my wife uses the Target brand triple blade men's shavers for her legs, bought a pack a year ago and is still on them. :eek: I've used them and found them excellent, and they are super cheap.

And I'll bet your legs look great, too! ::)

ESRBob said:
How do the Trac IIs hold up by the end of the 2 weeks? I've found if I just shave real slow and make sure my whiskers are well-soaked, I can stretch those last few shaves (#s 10-15) out of el-cheapo Bic disposables, too.
Cheaper the better, and there's no need to rush any more.

It's a lot safer to shave later in the day than to do it in the pre-breakfast darkness with your eyes barely open...

REWahoo! said:
And I'll bet your legs look great, too! ::)
You gotta admit, Laurence, you were begging for that one with your tongue hanging out...

LOL! :D

OK is saving on razors going too far -- are we being penny wise and pound foolish? I have to admit I feel great being a skinflint with my razors, but it is hard to argue that it does anything material for my annual budget...

I look at it this way. Better off in my pocket then there pocket no matter how much.

[Warning: HH Post ] :eek:

Nobody has mentioned the fact that once one is retired one may take those two person showers we used to take when we were first married ---

CHANGE THE POLL -- how many of you shower daily [to enjoy the company of your spouse/OS] ??!! :D :D

Couldn't resist Martha (-- Sorry!) :D

Jane (who enjoyed her afternoon out!) :D :D

In Winter, definitly not, my skin gets far too dry and showering causes excessive dry patches.

I shave every second day, but I do not have a heavy beard, after 3 days the whiskers are noticeable.

I built a very large sized fully tiled shower, one I can put a seat in and sit down , if required in latter years, but I regret not having put in a steam shower.

I will be adding a water softener, this may help the dry skin problem.

Back
Top Bottom