so my A type mind has me out of the house during the day, set time out during week

The only negatives for me when running in the park are those occasional rude stares I get from the deer :rolleyes:. They have no sense of humor.

Busted for snickering & laughing too loud at my desk in the office~

:2funny::2funny::2funny::2funny:

I am proud...I have toned it down a notch or two I think: a mere 244! (I am less high strung than I was in my early/mid twenties)

Last edited:
BTW.....with a score of 85, should I check my pulse every once in while just to make sure I didn't accidentally hit my 'pause' button?

Might be a good idea. At 295, my family/friends say I'm more relaxed since ER than they've ever seen. Wonder what the score would've been ten years ago.

Thought I was always a Type B. Very introvert - but the test has me as a 285 (or something like that). Can one be an introvert Type A? Always equated Type As to being extrovert, Type Bs being introverts.

Yup, pretty much type A at 305, but I already knew that...:D
Now I can post my (not surprising to me) 297, and I've mellowed over the years...

Thought I was always a Type B. Very introvert - but the test has me as a 285 (or something like that). Can one be an introvert Type A? Always equated Type As to being extrovert, Type Bs being introverts.

I believe one can be an introvert Type A. Any psychology majors here?

DW and I are both fairly introverted, not much into travel, in a heavy snow we can stay inside for a week before getting cabin fever. We don't go shopping for entertainment as so many other people do, don't like crowds, etc. But others have said I'm stubborn and determined, "goal-oriented", will pursue an objective relentlessly. The trouble is overcoming inertia.:)

I'm the one wanting a travel trailer, I think it would be fun to take some cash from savings & "just head west" since we haven't done much of that sort of spontaneous stuff. So I think on the scale I'm more extroverted than she is.

Now I can post my (not surprising to me) 297, and I've mellowed over the years...

Yeah, mine didn't really surprise me, and I have mellowed alot over the past few years as well. I'm hoping it will drop a little more when I RE, or I will drive DW nuts.:D

I think you can be an introvert and a type A. I am pretty much an introvert and have had to teach myself to be extroverted when the time and situation call for it. But I think being a type A makes it easier to do that type of self develpment.

R

We laugh about a guy at the coffee shop who always says, "you are sooo right." But you are! Retiring @ and Want2, you are going to be sooo happy. Years ago after I was pushed out of an 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. job (I spell out the full word because I loved that job), I went out to breakfast every morning near the work neighborhood. This went on for only a few days but I needed the transition. It was this time of the year, and I read every word in the papers about the Ididerod. I then took up cross-country train trips and when I had to go back to another job, I was fully refreshed.

I've also purposely taken off blocks of time and found that the best time (for me) to go to the gym was mid-afternoon, it was just me, a couple of other regulars and the staff, everyone was sooo nice and had time to chat.

Joe, you're soooo right. The problem is that most jobs require face time. The very fact that you'd like to take some time off makes people question your commitment to the job.

When I was up in Canada, I heard an entrepreneur talk about how the U.S. doesn't allow enough vacations and that everyone is working in sub-optimal efficiency. This was from a guy who made tens of millions selling his company to Microsoft. (Think Jurassic Park's special effects.) This guy was no bum, but he liked to work really intensely for several months at a time but then take off 4 weeks. Time wise, he said, he's worked the equivalent of 10 hours a day for the entire year, but the schedule was way better for his sanity.

SteveR - that looks like a mighty nice RV you have there. Did you have that before or is it a post ER purchase?
I never thought I'd say this, but I think I'd like to have an RV some day.

I took the test twice. I always consider myself a B, but the first time I took the test trying to answer the way I would have before RE and got a 255. I then went back and changed to what I would answer after 2+ years of retirement and was 155. Not bad a full 100 points in two years. I can't imagine getting it much lower and being conscious.

Jeb

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom