Spending change after FIRE

A follow-up Thank You to all who have posted. DW and I are taking a 10 day cruise this May, a 12 day cruise followed by a trip to the Keys next Feb, and are looking at a 2-3 week trip to Europe next summer/fall! I don't know what we will do this fall, but I think our plans will suck up the additional $10k annual spending for the next few years! The suggestion that we can adjust our spending down if the market drops is a good one (I wasn't worried before since we had such a large cushion). I like DR Roy's photo album idea for each trip, maybe I can get DW to start that tradition.

Again Thanks for the input!

Ah, speaking of travel photos, my children gave me a digital frame for Christmas, and I have been going through my collection, starting from 2003 when I got my first digital camera.

It took a bit of time to go through the collection to cull them down to a few favorite ones, entering in a caption in each photo to denote the time and place it was taken, then downsizing the resolution to fit that of the digital frame so as to take minimal space on the flash memory card. I have done only a few trips, and up to only 2004. Still a lot more to go. I also throw in a lot of family get-together occasions like Thanksgiving, Christmas, NY, the children's and their cousins' birthdays, etc...

I have not shopped for anything in a while, and now I want a larger digital frame than this 12 incher.

Back
Top Bottom