Join Early Retirement Today

Ten Things You're Not Too Old to Do
Old 06-10-2005, 04:26 PM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Ten Things You're Not Too Old to Do

Here is an interesting article on "Ten Things You're Not Too Old to Do"

http://biz.yahoo.com/weekend/never_1.html
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Re: Ten Things You're Not Too Old to Do
Old 06-10-2005, 05:04 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Well, this is going onto the long-term goals list. Thanks, Spanky!

But ye gods-- that should read "Sample Haggis-- no more than once".

Even my Scots ancestors wouldn't argue with eating a nice steak or fish instead of that... stuff.

Co-author (with my daughter) of “Raising Your Money-Savvy Family For Next Generation Financial Independence.”
Author of the book written on E-R.org: "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement."

I don't spend much time here— please send a PM.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 06:01 PM   #3
Full time employment: Posting here.

I'll sample haggis any number of times... if I never have to do #1! I don't care what they can coax my ageing equipment into doing these days -- there's a REASON mother nature doesn't let us girls do that forever.

And god bless her!

Caroline

Caroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 06:46 PM   #4
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroline
I'll sample haggis any number of times...* if I never have to do #1!* I don't care what they can coax my ageing equipment into doing these days -- there's a REASON mother nature doesn't let us girls do that forever.
Here's one I liked-"As for the biological clock of men, many fertility experts think there's no age limit."

The age limit for men is that unless we are very rich, we get too old and ugly to attract a woman young enough to have that baby for us.
Ha
Old 06-17-2005, 04:03 AM   #5

Spanky,

Come back to us man. I mean, just because you're not too old to have another baby doesn't mean I'd consider it. Father's Day is just around the corner, and the only surprise I want is lasagna.

Old 06-17-2005, 01:26 PM   #6
Give me a forum ...

Mmm hmm...my first fathers day. Feels pretty dang weird.
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 03:41 PM   #7

Musically..........And many more!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-17-2005, 03:50 PM   #8

I just starred in my 2nd movie "Stranger than fiction" with Dustin Hoffman, Will Ferrel and Queen Latifah

When you see the bus scene, look for a 6'3" overweight white man with Oakley Blades with a black backpack and green cargo pants.

I noticed that every person associated with the filming had a headset with a flexible microphone. I went home got my headset and tried to blend in. Got free lunch.

WooooHooooo
OldAgePensioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 04:27 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldAgePensioner
I just starred in my 2nd movie "Stranger than fiction" with Dustin Hoffman, Will Ferrel and Queen Latifah
Everybody needs their 15 minutes of fame.* *Did you get your full allotment yet?

Back when I had my own company, I would use various guerilla tactics to get free publicity.* *I got several magazine articles, a couple of newspaper articles, and one TV interview.* *I figure I got my 15 minutes worth.

Around the time I was ready to retire, I tried to come up with a few things I thought it was important for *everybody* to do.* *You know, milestones in humanity that would be a shame not to participate in to a pretty full extent.

A few areas I'm still weak in include agriculture (I need to start a garden, at least), astronomy, geography, music composition and playing, flight, and architecture/construction.
wabmester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 05:05 PM   #10
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabmester
I had my own company, I would use various guerilla tactics to get free publicity. I got several magazine articles, a couple of newspaper articles, and one TV interview.
Any of those with the enquirer, star or ripleys believe it or not?

Any where you were hanging from a bungee cord in your skivvies with "Golden Palace" written on your torso and when the cameras came in you screamed out the name of your company?

Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 08:50 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabmester
Around the time I was ready to retire, I tried to come up with a few things I thought it was important for *everybody* to do.* *You know, milestones in humanity that would be a shame not to participate in to a pretty full extent.

A few areas I'm still weak in include agriculture (I need to start a garden, at least), astronomy, geography, music composition and playing, flight, and architecture/construction.
I'm always coming up with things like that... I've got the gardening, music and architecture covered, but I'd really love to get my pilot's license, study marine biology, learn about geology...* I need to hurry up and retire.*
Sheryl is offline   Reply With Quote