Tesla Model 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
To OP Ready

Congrats on ordering a Mdl III, I ordered one, a base Mdl III and on the same day here in Cali., Looking at Dec- Feb. delivery.

No one builds a better vehicle then Tesla.

I found this on Teslarati :

Tesla Model 3 specs: 220-mile standard with 310-mile option for $9k

Add $5K for Enhanced Auto pilot, Add $3K for Full Self driving capability..., when available.

Dear wife may like a Cert. Pre owned Mdl S with v8.1 : )

Fer ma Partners in The Lone Star State, you know your Texas Automobile Dealers Association Bans the sale of Tesla's in Texas. Odd for a state known for it's Independence, lol,..:/

But you Texan's I hear got a wind farm generating electricity for pennies on the Kwh! Oh well, Oils Well!

Disruption, it's here.

Tonyseba.com

You probably meant this to be rhetorical, but I'll take the bait.

Well, one possible answer is that not all government programs have to be redistributive - i.e., not all programs have to move money from richer people to poorer people.

In this case the program is designed to artificially favor a technology because of its presumptive support of the "greater good."

You are right that it does tend to favor people with higher incomes, much like the solar tax credit does. On the other hand is it a bad thing if it helps develop the market for electric cars faster?

It's worth mentioning that the EV incentive, being a flat amount, has a much bigger impact on purchases of a $30,000 VW e-Golf than a $150,000 Tesla. However, since it is non-refundable, it requires you to have a federal tax liability of at least $7,500 to fully benefit from it - which cuts out more than half the population.
Just saw this:

"the average household income of a Tesla Model X owner is $503,000, that the average household income of a Tesla Model S owner is $267,000,"

Can we wean Elon Musk off government support already? | TheHill

LOL on"greater good".

What happens when Tesla loses it's billion in subsidies? Will they go bankrupt and then you own an obsolete car, that parts may not be available for?

What happens when Tesla loses it's billion in subsidies? Will they go bankrupt and then you own an obsolete car, that parts may not be available for?

You should still be able to get parts and service at any Pontiac, Saturn, or Saab dealership.

In their recently reported quarter they lost x millions or billions.

And I think they are going to raise debt or release more equity.

What Billion in subsidies are you speaking of?

You should still be able to get parts and service at any Pontiac, Saturn, or Saab dealership.

Not a problem, the Chinese are already tooling up shops to make aftermarket Tesla parts, just like the ones made for the 1971 VW I am restoring. Just stay away from the electrical parts as they have ex-Lucas understudies running those shops.

(anyone remember the handle "Price of Darkness"?? :D)

Wow! I didn't realize the magnitude of the subsidies his firms are receiving. :eek:

Here is another take on it.

From Enron to Bernie Madoff, at the end of every great American financial scandal, the totality of the perpetrators’ greed seems to be matched only by the public’s incredulity at how such a thing could be allowed to happen.

And thanks to Elon Musk, there’s a good chance we may all be asking this question again soon.

Already grossly subsidized, Musk’s SolarCity has become an albatross of waste, fraud, and abuse of tax payer dollars. As legitimate earnings and cash become even scarcer for SolarCity, its entanglement in the Tesla empire suggests that a drastic reckoning not only is imminent, but in fact emboldening Musk to become more outlandish and reckless.

Notably, SolarCity is run by Musk’s cousins, Lyndon and Peter Rive.

Let's Stop Spending Tax Dollars on Elon Musk and Cronyism

Here is another take on it.

I know, and this guy with a bunch of other gals and guys launch reused rockets! Talk about a lose cannon! I'm glad you mentioned it. Elon is in favor of ending ALL subsides. but it's peanuts compared to, well,

Here's another take on the big picture,

Recall, Our Treasury Dept. gave, err, loan, (Import/Export bank) $200 Billion to a hundred banks under the Capitol Purchase Program, 2008. The Small Business Assoc. is on the hook for bad loans, some $8 Billion, Including two Lamborghini dealerships., Oh subsides! We bailed AIG, We gave Ford $2.5 billion, Fiat $2 billion
Royal dutch shell $2 billion
Nike $2.3 billion
GM $3.5 billion
Intel $3.8 billion
Exon Mobil and subsidiaries $2.5 billion
I know , don't get me started. : )

Prediction: There will be a follow up post, claiming the oil companies get bigger "subsidies".

And I didn't even use my crystal ball for that one, I save it for unknowns. :LOL:

I'd have to look it up, but I seem to recall, a lot of what some people call "subsidies" for the oil companies, are the same business expense write-offs that any business gets.

-ERD50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom