The modern dad, aka FIRE with kids

Interesting article. I dunno, but I feel somewhat paranoid in knowing my estrogen levels may be rising.  :-[  But also understanding that working out has been shown to increase testosterone levels, I'm curious if pushing the iron counters the effects of fatherhood. Just don't wanna see myself grow any mammaries,  :eek: soooo, I'll keep hitting the gym.

Bookm

Welome back! Good to hear from you! And about your pun in the last line, I'm not going to touch it.

Hi TH.

Nice to see you post again..
Glad to read in your other post about your son's progression. I was wondering how old he was now, and was guessing about 6 months..... They're more of a joy as they get older, obviously you're finding that out spending as much time with him as you do. He's a lucky boy to have so much of his Dad.

Don't be a stanger now..

He's seven months old right now, and mad that the dogs wont play with him.

Al, you better not touch it...

REWahoo! said:
Aww, come on...let Al play with his beaver if he wants too... ;)

Al can play with his beaver all he wants (its a stuffed beaver if I recall...)....he just better leave my bones and richard geres hamsters alone!!!

I'm sure its an interesting article. I promise I'll read it eventually. Right now the suns coming up and the fish are hungry - I hope.
Nice to hear from you (). Keep your periscope up!

BUM

Re: The modern PARENT!

() said:
Honestly, havent noticed the testosterone letdown yet.
Good to have you back, TH! Has anyone offered you a moderator's job yet?

I think every parent would question whether hormones are affected more by post-partum recovery or by the subsequent sleep deprivation. Although it might be quite enjoyable designing the double-blind research study... surely Tom Cruise would be happy to pay for this sort of "Scientific" quantitative unbiased research.

I wouldn't know how to detect a drop in testosterone levels and it'd be meaningless without knowing where one's "normal" testosterone levels stand with respect to the rest of the world's "normal" hormone levels. And after a lifetime of being awakened at all hours for stupid questions from the chain of command, I'd certainly be happy to be awakened for some other version of screwing around!

As an aside, I used to be able to click the "Print" button on these multi-adpage articles and get the whole thing on one scrolling screen. MSN has apparently noticed this trick and now the print button just produces one screen of ads text.

Nords said:
Good to have you back, TH! Has anyone offered you a moderator's job yet?

I'm not 'back' per se, just had a few spans of time here and there where I was out of things to do and thought I'd check in on you cretins and see what you're pointlessly arguing about these days ;)

Nobody would be foolish enough to offer me a moderators job. Unless I could change the text in SG and JG's messages to anything I want, in which case I'd be willing to make monthly payments for the privilege.

I'm rewiring my whole house for directv and phone (bye comcast!), as the builder for some reason felt that a single phone line in the kitchen of a house built in 1998 was satisfactory. ::) I've been having these "adult ADD" days lately though...

Recently, I was diagnosed with A. A. A. D. D. - Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder.

This is how it manifests:

I decide to water my garden.

As I turn on the hose in the driveway, I look over at my car and decide my car needs washing.

As I start toward the garage, I notice that there is mail on the porch table that I brought up from the mail box earlier.

I decide to go through the mail before I wash the car.

I lay my car keys down on the table, put the junk mail in the garbage can under the table, and notice that the can is full.

So, I decide to put the bills back on the table and take out the garbage first.

But then I think, since I'm going to be near the mailbox when I take out the garbage anyway, I may as well pay the bills! first.

I take my check book! off the table, and see that there is only one check left.

My extra checks are in my desk in the study, so I go inside the house to my desk where I find the can of Coke that I had been drinking.

I'm going to look for my checks, but first I need to push the Coke aside so that I don't accidentally knock it over. I realize the Coke is getting warm, and I decide I should put it in the refrigerator to keep it cold.

As I head toward the kitchen with the Coke, a vase of flowers rest on the counter catches my eye--they need to be watered.

I set the Coke down on the counter, and I discover my reading glasses that I've been searching for all morning.

I decide I better put them back on my desk, but first I'm going to water the flowers.

I set the glasses back down on the! counter, fill a container with water and suddenly I spot t he TV remote. Someone left it on the kitchen table.

I realize that tonight when we go to watch TV, I will be looking for the remote, but I won't remember that it's on the kitchen table, so I decide to put it back in the den where it belongs, but first I'll water the flowers.

I pour some water in the flowers, but quite a bit of it spills on the floor.

So, I set the remote back down on the table, get some towels and wipe up the spill.

Then I head down the hall trying to remember what I was planning to do.

At the end of the day:

the driveway is flooded,

the car isn't washed,

the bills aren't paid,

there is a warm can of Coke sitting on the counter,

there is still only one check in my check book,

I can't find the remote,

I can't find my glasses,

and I don't remember what I did with the car keys.

Then when I try to figure out why nothing got done today, I'm really baffled! because I know I was busy all day long, and I'm really tired.

I realize this is a serious problem, and I'll try to get some help for it, but first I'll check my e-mail.

Crap, I hijacked my own dang thread... :(

() said:
. . . I can't find my glasses,

and I don't remember what I did with the car keys.

Then when I try to figure out why nothing got done today, I'm really baffled! because I know I was busy all day long, and I'm really tired.

I realize this is a serious problem, and I'll try to get some help for it, but first I'll check my e-mail.

Crap, I hijacked my own dang thread... :(

Someone just visiting this message board has reached retirement nirvana. ;)

--Greg

Back
Top Bottom