The Photographers' Corner 2013-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ very nice photo! If you don’t mind, can you share what drone that was shot with?

DJI Spark. Shot was at about 140 feet. A bit windier than I had expected so I was hesitant to go higher. That, and I was literally flying it out of the door stoop because the snow was so deep in the yard. I put a trash can cover on the snow to take off from, set it as "home" in the SW before flying, and later MANUALLY landed it right back on the cover. Those drones are amazing, unbelievably stable in wind and will stay rock solid in the place in the air if you take you fingers off the sticks. And this one is so small, it gets really hard to see from the ground above 100 feet or so. But you can hear it, and I can hear the props fighting the wind to stay in place... all the while the active gimbals keep the picture rock steady.

Thanks for the info. I have a DJI mavik mini that I hope to fly a lot this winter. Our lake is just starting to freeze and the ice has some interesting texture that I’d like to take some drone shots of before rain or snow ruins it.

A cell phone shot of this morning's sunrise. Red sky in morning, sailors warning. A storm is coming.

Attachments

• sunrise 12292020.jpg
    sunrise 12292020.jpg
    399.7 KB · Views: 28
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom