The Photographers' Corner - 2021 to ?

Although it is edible, the Caesar's mushroom is closely related to the psychoactive fly agaric, and to the deadly poisonous death cap.

Two out of three ain't bad! ;)

Has anyone here published a photo book? I've done a couple with Blurb, and they are expensive.

I've done several with Blurb, and yes they are expensive. If I ever do any more I'll still use Blurb because the ones I made ten years ago are showing no signs of fading or of failing bindings. I'll wager that ones from Walmart or CVS cannot say the same.

A family favorite book is one that I made on impulse of the two grandnieces, then ages two and five, ostensibly watering plants but in reality just playing with the garden hose. The plants that did get water got it as afterthought or accidentally. DW's sister (Grandma Mimi) got watered too! I just shot a lot of photos trying to get candid moments and evidently succeeded. The two grandnieces are now 12 and 15 and that little 7"x7" photo book is treasured by the recipients.

Two out of three ain't bad! ;)

I imagine if you boil any of 'em you find and chase 'em with cold beer, you will be OK. If we can handle the rattlers and scorpions here in Texas, a few boiled mushrooms is 'nuttin.......

Has anyone here published a photo book? I've done a couple with Blurb, and they are expensive. I'm looking around for a less expensive alternative, but I can't find any that are said to have decent photo quality.

Interested in seeing what publishers (if any) that folks here use.

We have 21 photo books and all but the first are Blurb. When we started, they were the only outlet that had a large page (13X11) for landscapes, and no page limit. Our books run 150-250 pages. With a coupon for 30-40% off, they run about $1 a page.

Went early and hiked into golden eagle nest this morning. Pictures just taken with spotting scope and phone camera. I wish some of you pro's with photo equipment and knowledge were here to take some quality pictures. You notice that mom or dad brought a prairie dog again just in front of them. The eyes can be seen fairly well of the dog.

Attachments

• IMG_7351.jpg
    IMG_7351.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 274
  • IMG_7343.jpg
    IMG_7343.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 270
I did several with Amazon Prime Photos. They were done by me uploading photo files to Amazon and creating the albums from their standard formats. Mine were pretty simple ones like our trip three years ago to the U.P. of Michigan where I helped a friend build a boat, and a couple of similar albums for my sister of old family photos. These were very inexpensive.

This may not be what you are looking for though. But it's worth a look.

My MIL has used Shutterfly for making a book of, say, vacation or holiday photos. It's cute, and a nicer way to remember something than just flipping through your Camera Uploads folder.

You can also get a phone protector with a Selection of your photos.

I've done several with Blurb, and yes they are expensive. If I ever do any more I'll still use Blurb because the ones I made ten years ago are showing no signs of fading or of failing bindings. I'll wager that ones from Walmart or CVS cannot say the same.

A family favorite book is one that I made on impulse of the two grandnieces, then ages two and five, ostensibly watering plants but in reality just playing with the garden hose. The plants that did get water got it as afterthought or accidentally. DW's sister (Grandma Mimi) got watered too! I just shot a lot of photos trying to get candid moments and evidently succeeded. The two grandnieces are now 12 and 15 and that little 7"x7" photo book is treasured by the recipients.

We have 21 photo books and all but the first are Blurb. When we started, they were the only outlet that had a large page (13X11) for landscapes, and no page limit. Our books run 150-250 pages. With a coupon for 30-40% off, they run about $1 a page.

Thanks for the info! I've done a couple of Blurb books before, but was looking for something with similar quality but less expensive. I haven't found a better solution than Blurb, so I've started putting together a Blurb book.

I like old farm barns, so I'm driving the country roads of my county taking photos of barns. So far 165 photos that are keepers. Probably about 2/3 done with our county.

Have the book set up for 8x10 landscape soft cover. Have 117 pages so far and will probably end up 180-200 pages. There is a coupon available now for 35% off that expires 6/14. I probably won't be done by then, but I'm sure another coupon will come along.

We were exploring the everglades in Palm Beach County Florida and finished shooting this video this afternoon and finished the editing tonight. It's hard to believe but there is a bit of a drought going now in Palm Beach Florida. Hurricane season should bring plenty of rain but until that happens the water levels are pretty low.

Freedom56 % Ronstar excellent!!

Very nice Ronstar. I didn't realize there were so many barns in Grundy County. I had to look it up on the map with satellite view to see all the farms after watching your video. That was a lot driving.

We were exploring the everglades in Palm Beach County Florida and finished shooting this video this afternoon and finished the editing tonight. It's hard to believe but there is a bit of a drought going now in Palm Beach Florida. Hurricane season should bring plenty of rain but until that happens the water levels are pretty low.

Very well done video, thanks for sharing.

Last edited by a moderator:

at 38 seconds, looks like a bullfrog getting a ride, to smooth to be its leg :confused::confused:

A few cicada pix. I wish we could upload larger size files; these are such interesting critters.

Attachments

• ND5_0310S.jpg
    ND5_0310S.jpg
    430.2 KB · Views: 49
  • ND5_0337S.jpg
    ND5_0337S.jpg
    495 KB · Views: 35
  • ND5_0363S.jpg
    ND5_0363S.jpg
    314.9 KB · Views: 30
Packed back in this morning to check on eaglets after another terrible storm. One eaglet was blown out of nest earlier in the week but the other one has survived the latest storm. I was saddened by seeing one that had fallen from the nest. Nature can be cruel and is not forgiving to anything.

Attachments

• IMG_7435.jpg
    IMG_7435.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_7450.jpg
    IMG_7450.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
Ahhhhh, was it dead when you found out street? Yes, there are times when I watch eagle nests and something bad has happened, I’m like why do you put yourself through this:confused:?

Well, the other 1000 wonderful events push me to continue ��

f35phixer, not sure if the one that fell out of nest was dead. There is a canyon and hard running crick between me and the nest. I could see a white spot in the tall grass and it was the eaglet but I didn't want to go close or go near their nesting tree. That was after the first storm. When I went yesterday the eaglet on the ground was gone. A lot of things could of happened to that chick being on the ground.

Hiked in early this morning again to check on the Golden Eaglet. Growing pretty fast and seen a lot of difference since 4 days ago.

Two more prairie dogs on left side of nest.

Attachments

• IMG_7475.jpg
    IMG_7475.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_7478.jpg
    IMG_7478.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_7494.jpg
    IMG_7494.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
Rainbow over the farm after a storm last Tuesday.

Attachments

• Rainbow.jpg
    Rainbow.jpg
    570.5 KB · Views: 40
Trail cam caught me in the driveway during an early morning fog.

Attachments

• jeep in the driveway-5.jpg
    jeep in the driveway-5.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 40
Back
Top Bottom