Join Early Retirement Today

Re: Things to do before I die...
Old 08-26-2005, 06:54 PM   #61
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaHa
I met a middle aged woman from Georgia (Russia) in the park while I was walking my dog. She said, "I like sex. You like sex?"

"Ordinarily M'am, but if the choice is between you and vodka, please pass the Stolichnaya."

ha
ha...well, you have good taste when it comes to vitamin V...you must have seemed attractive to her...
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-27-2005, 02:26 PM   #62

HaHa,
In England the Class-6 store had Stoli for $10.75/liter. It was a great curative for the icy wet winds howling thru the North Yorkshire moors.

Woohooo, I just noticed a young tanned honey with a banana yellow bikini at the Peninsula Hotel (rich and nubile), thank God for high powered binoculars. Vodka, bikini girl, vodka, bikini girl. Ice cold Stoli it is.

OldAgePensioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 11:32 AM   #63

I've already exceeded my personal expectations and ambitions from childhood, adolescence, and early adulthood. It's all gravy now--but rich and scrumptious gravy*

Achieved: happy marriage to a man I love, admire, and still lust after; rasied 2 great kids to promising adulthood (and one is getting marreid soon--grandkids perhaps? ); had a satisfying career (thankfully in the past ); traveled in Hawaii, Europe, Asia, Eastern Canada, Caribbean, much of US. Have flown in small prop planes and a helicopter as well as jets of all sizes; sailed many times; climbed mountains including technical rock climbing; know how it feels to be applauded by a large audience--performed at Carnegie Hall.

Future nice-to-do's: more travel (Southeast Asia, South Pacific, Central America, Mediterranean, Western Canada and US Northwest), ride in a hot air balloon, see/hear a rocket/shuttle launch. Improve health & fitness.
Old 08-30-2005, 11:21 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldAgePensioner

Woohooo, I just noticed a young tanned honey with a banana yellow bikini at the Peninsula Hotel (rich and nubile), thank God for high powered binoculars. Vodka, bikini girl, vodka, bikini girl. Ice cold Stoli it is.
Watch it or people will start assuming OAP means OldAgePervert.

What did it take you, 2 or 3 months of ER to become an old perverted man?
justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 11:47 AM   #65

Justin,
I'm easing into being an OldAgePervert, no need to rush it. The young darling did have a very nice bikini. After a couple (or more) shots of Stoli and my sight got too blurry to watch.

My recently depart lady friend used to look for signs that I had used the binos, so I carefully placed them in the same spot after each use.
Old 08-30-2005, 01:32 PM   #66

Quote:
Justin,
I'm easing into being an OldAgePervert, no need to rush it. The young darling did have a very nice bikini. After a couple (or more) shots of Stoli and my sight got too blurry to watch.
Good to see your alcoholic side is keeping your perverted side in check...
justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 02:54 PM   #67
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
My recently depart lady friend used to look for signs that I had used the binos, so I carefully placed them in the same spot after each use.
OAP, didn't I tell you to hang on to her? Kidnap her if necessary?

Ha
Old 08-30-2005, 07:03 PM   #68

Astromeria,

Congratulations on your retirement. It sounds like you have lived a good life and that you are still enjoying it.

Dreamer
Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 10:47 PM   #69

Thanks, Dreamer. But looking back at my post, it reads like a resume--hits the high spots and leaves out the ugly & embarrassing moments (did I forget to mention my divorce, low-end jobs like emptying bedpans and rating insurance policies, and entire years in which nothing remarkable happened?!).
Old 08-31-2005, 02:20 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by astromeria
Thanks, Dreamer. But looking back at my post, it reads like a resume--hits the high spots and leaves out the ugly & embarrassing moments (did I forget to mention my divorce, low-end jobs like emptying bedpans and rating insurance policies, and entire years in which nothing remarkable happened?!).
The good thing (I think) is that those ugly & embarrassing moments help you appreciate the great moments.
Old 08-31-2005, 03:27 PM   #71
Give me a forum ...

TWO divorces!

Once worked as a chicken mover at an egg farm...............

Manufacturing worker bee making: plastic bottles, steel cans, catalytic convertors, car doors, tomato juice, cardboard boxes...

Pizza cook, trash man, hardware store clerk, gas station attendant, disc jockey...

Maybe megacorp isn't so bad after all...

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 03:45 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Have Funds, Will Retire
TWO divorces!

Once worked as a chicken mover at an egg farm...............

Manufacturing worker bee making: plastic bottles, steel cans, catalytic convertors, car doors, tomato juice, cardboard boxes...

Pizza cook, trash man, hardware store clerk, gas station attendant, disc jockey...

Maybe megacorp isn't so bad after all...
Guy I shared a house with in SF did a simulated (thats what he said) sex act couple times a night.. 6 nights a week at the Condor...tried to get me to interview and try it out as a career move - I think he wanted someone to help share the load...I turned it down I'm not very good on my feet and just didn't think I could get up every day for that..Wonder what he's doing for "work" today or maybe he's FIREd....
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 09:38 PM   #73

I agree with MJ-the low points do make you appreciate the good things in life. I think we have all (well at least I have) had our ugly and embarrassing times in life. I prefer not to dwell on them and be grateful for all the great times and luck that I have had in life!

Dreamer
Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 02:15 AM   #74

HaHa,
Your advice is always good value, so:

I've cooked up this plan to kidnap my former lady friend, it's very hush hush. So only you read this. It involves Scotland Yard, 007, Kojak, Ironsides, Rockford, and Quincy. And, an all female band. I'm the bands groupie. Should be a piece of cake.

A backup plan (also secret) is to go where she is. Unless of course, ole MJ goes ahead with his international gigolo plan. Then I'm screwed.

Notice I'm posting at 3:15 in the morning. Chasing women all over the world can be an all night job.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:38 AM   #75

Quote:
A backup plan (also secret) is to go where she is. Unless of course, ole MJ goes ahead with his international gigolo plan. Then I'm screwed.
Notice I'm posting at 3:15 in the morning. Chasing women all over the world can be an all night job.
OAP, you should know that there is no knight or day in the gigolo game.
My services are needed 24 hours non stop.
This can be tiring. I need another way to supplement my ER.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:20 AM   #76

MJ, err, keep up the hard work.

Talk about appreciating where you are cause of where you've been.

I've been a short order cook (slingin burgers at 5-6 a minute, a construction worker who slept from 5-7 PM so I had enough energy to chase the girls at night. I spent 6 years as a basic draftsman to earn enough to got to college, then 4 years for first degree.

Got a job in LA making more money than I ever dreamed of. Had been so poor, I hoarded everything I could. Eventually had enough to invest in late 80's. Got rich. Then got hammered by the market and recovered a bit.

I been high and I been low. High is better.

Old 09-01-2005, 03:58 PM   #77
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
HaHa,
Your advice is always good value, so...
Alas OAP, the only way to profit from my relationship expertise is to do the opposite of whatever I suggest.

Ha
Old 09-01-2005, 04:16 PM   #78

HaHa,
so me kidnapping that yellow bikini and allowing her to break loose and turn the tables on me was bad. Somehow being tied up by a girl in a yellow bikini seemed pretty cool.

It was only when she demanded ransom money that I realized that, yes, once again, HaHa has led me astray. Only cost me my collection of Donnie Osmond records. So, not bad.
Old 09-01-2005, 04:21 PM   #79
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

OAP, you should know by now that HaHa is very funny...

REW
Old 09-03-2005, 09:08 AM   #80

Quote:
HaHa,
so me kidnapping that yellow bikini and allowing her to break loose and turn the tables on me was bad. Somehow being tied up by a girl in a yellow bikini seemed pretty cool.
It all depends on what she has in mind. Although Clint's character wasn't tied but asleep (out of control), think about the movie "Play Misty for Me".