Today was my last day.....

Looking4Ward

Full time employment: Posting here.
And "Wow". All I can say is the folks I work(ed) for/with really made me want to stay - a wonderful luncheon at a fancy restaurant with close friends and colleagues followed by drinks with even closer friends and collegues.......

But today WAS my last day. I am so looking forward to tomorrow morning when I wake up and realize I can go back to sleep if I want to.

I want to thank this board for the knowledge, wisdom, advice, and experience those members have provided over the years that led me to the decision I made to ER today.

What a wonderful feeling. Life is good. I'll be okay. Stay the course........

Congrats Looking4Ward! Do absolutely nothing tomorrow, and keep us posted along the way...

The REAL fun will be Monday morning ( whatever day of the week is your "Monday" morning!!!!

Savor it!!! Lie there and relax, or, get up and watch the other unfortunates drive past your house on the way to the mines......!!!

Congratulations...you'll love it!!!!

Every day is a Saturday from now on. Congratulations!!!
Or even better! Every day is a Saturday but you can call those businesses that are only open bankers hours on these kinds of Saturdays! It's a little thing, but I kind of enjoy not having to schedule and plan a call to those weekday 9 to 5 operations...I just pick up the phone when it idea comes to me.

I think you will most appreciate the feeling you have on a Sunday night. That's the time of the week when I feel most satisfied not to be working. No setting the alarm clock. No laying out your work clothes the next day. No pressure to fall asleep early so you get a good night's rest before having to wake up for work. Congrats!

I think you will most appreciate the feeling you have on a Sunday night. That's the time of the week when I feel most satisfied not to be working. No setting the alarm clock. No laying out your work clothes the next day. No pressure to fall asleep early so you get a good night's rest before having to wake up for work. Congrats!

+1 My DH still says to me every Sunday night, nearly six years after retirement, "I don't think I'll go to work tomorrow!" It never gets old:dance:

Oh no! I hope it isn't some sort of omen that when I tried to use FireCalc on the first day of my retirement, I get:

"Service Unavailable"

:)

But Monday mornings are still rough for retired people that have Monday morning garbage pickup. You still have to get up to get the garbage cans to the street.

I look forward to weekdays more than weekends now actually. During the weekdays everyone is at work, and I have the whole town to myself. I can drive around without traffic, shop without crowds, and enjoy some peace and quiet.

All the crazy people come downtown during the weekends, and I tend to stay in more and look forward to Mondays when peace and quiet returns to the town.

Ready I agree, weekdays are great. We frequently go to a weekday matinee and are the only 2 people in the theater.
MRG

Every day is a Saturday from now on. Congratulations!!!

Exactly. Now weekends are ruined since they are no different from weekdays. Nothing to look forward to. :dance:

Exactly. Now weekends are ruined since they are no different from weekdays. Nothing to look forward to. :dance:
I agree that retirement ruined weekends, but for a different reason. Now I don't want to leave the house except during the week - between rush hours.

But I've learned to live with it... :D

In July it will be 12 years since I retired and we moved to WV. Still get a kick out of watching the traffic in the DC area on TV. That will probably never get old.

And "Wow". All I can say is the folks I work(ed) for/with really made me want to stay - a wonderful luncheon at a fancy restaurant with close friends and colleagues followed by drinks with even closer friends and collegues.......

But today WAS my last day. I am so looking forward to tomorrow morning when I wake up and realize I can go back to sleep if I want to.

I want to thank this board for the knowledge, wisdom, advice, and experience those members have provided over the years that led me to the decision I made to ER today.

What a wonderful feeling. Life is good. I'll be okay. Stay the course........

Congrats classmate!

I'm not too far behind you. My Semi-FIRE is next month; going to work part time for a bit.

Congrats! Sounds like you had a good send off from your colleagues. I plan to be joining you by FIREing within a few months.

Congratulations! You will so love this life.

Back
Top Bottom