Twenty Years Early Retired Today!

Congrats! When did the sailing slow down? I still sail a 26' with my ole man on occasion. Nothing like the sounds of the waves lapping against that fiberglass, the sun glistening off the water, just you and the sea! EDIT to add, i saw the answer above. When you began to travel extensively. Which lake did you sail on?

Last edited:
Very cool story, Audrey! No wonder I love butterflies. I'm always reading your posts b/c they always offer a kind and stable opinion on whatever topic being discussed. You share your wisdom and that's so generous.

You've been on this forum since 2006, you've read a lot of posts! Hope you stay active here for many more years.

Twenty years retired today, and thirty five more years to enjoy it. Wonderful.
I had no idea about the early thread(s) that I've now read.

Perhaps a foray into turning it into a guidebook? Doesn't seem like the philosophy has changed, and a real-life recounting of the judgments would be encouraging to younger people.

Such a great story... to be young, smart, inquisitive and having earned the wherewithal to explore whatever peaks your interest. (and the grace to share it with so many others. )

Best wishes for the many coming decades. :flowers:

audreyh1,

Congratulations!!

What would you do differently given that you have now 2 decades of perspective, if you had the ability to go back to 1999 (or any other time) when you were thinking about retirement?

What one advice you would share with the "we are thinking about retirement" group?

All the best,

Foodie

Congratulations on 20 years! I am where you were 20 years ago. I got lucky and made a bunch of money and now I'm 38 with no desire to return to the office. But as I'm sure you know it's a bit socially isolating and a lot of days I wake up not quite knowing what to do with myself. I have sports and hobbies and a family, but sometimes there are almost too many hours in the day. What advice would you give the 39 year old you?

What would you do differently given that you have now 2 decades of perspective, if you had the ability to go back to 1999 (or any other time) when you were thinking about retirement?

What one advice you would share with the "we are thinking about retirement" group?

All the best,

Foodie
What would I do differently? Absolutely nothing. Seriously!

Back
Top Bottom