Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Website / Publication to find ER home to rent?
Old 12-23-2006, 02:21 PM   #1
Recycles dryer sheets

Website / Publication to find ER home to rent?

Hi all - I know that there are a lot of renters on this forum so thought I'd ask the question: Was there a particular website / publication that you used in finding your ER home?

This post may seem like I'm advertising, so I want to make it clear that its not my intent....however, I figured that you may know of some cool places where we can post / advertise a great ER home...

We're in the process of re-doing an old farmhouse near a river off of the Chesapeake Bay. The farmhouse is on the same property as our weekend home, so our ideal tenant would be a quiet couple. Since it's a golf-cart ride / walk away to a marina, low-rent area surrounded by farmland and a partial waterview, active retirees sounded like the perfect tenants! (Then again, based on some of the posts on this forum...maybe some of you don't fall into the 'quiet' category)

Anyway...I've tried to google possible sites and considered local newspapers, but not much luck - only a bunch of retirement communities popped up. So I thought I'd try to see if you guys ran into a cool site to look at what's available around the country...might be good to research for future reference for us as well!
bearkeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Re: Website / Publication to find ER home to rent?
Old 12-23-2006, 02:32 PM   #2
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

looking for 3 to 6-month furnished rentals so i'll be able to better afford travel that way, it seems the all-encompassing www.craigslist.org seems a valuable source.

"life should begin with age and its privileges and accumulations, and end with youth and its capacity to splendidly enjoy such advantages."~~mark twain - letter to edward kimmitt 1901
lazygood4nothinbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 04:22 PM   #3
Recycles dryer sheets

Hi...we had ours at
www.vrbo.com
www.greatrentals.com
www.vacationrentals.com

these are all rent "by owner" sites with lots of exposure...

good luck...Ted