Went back to work

dm

Full time employment: Posting here.
Well I retired last October at the stock market high, and we all know what has happened since then. I started back last Wendsday at my old position. Everyone was very nice and I am making much more $$ than before. Tommorow is my last day, I wonder if another retirement party is in order? Even at three times the pay I'd rather be ER'd.

I started back last Wendsday at my old position. Tommorow is my last day.

Uh - you came out of retirement (e.g. "freedom") for a week?

What's with that :cool: ?

- Ron

There you have it folks. Proof positive that retirement is better than working.
Jeff

OK, I wasn't misreading that! I had to read the OP a couple times, 'cause I thought "Nah, someone wouldn't go back to [-]the rock pile[/-] work for only one week". Dang, I was wrong....someone actually did! :confused:

When I was working I used to take a week off of work, and it was called a 'vacation'. Is this the new ER version of that? You take a week off ER and call it 'work'? I sure hope it's not contagious or required. If it is, or becomes, an ER requirement I'm going to be a very dedicated & loyal retiree and turn it down.....preferring to keep my nose to the grindstone, er....I mean keeping my butt in the lounge chair. :D

When I was working I used to take a week off of work, and it was called a 'vacation'. Is this the new ER version of that? You take a week off ER and call it 'work'? I sure hope it's not contagious or required. If it is, or becomes, an ER requirement I'm going to be a very dedicated & loyal retiree and turn it down.....preferring to keep my nose to the grindstone, er....I mean keeping my butt in the lounge chair. :D

Thanks for a good chuckle !

What's with that :cool: ?

- Ron

The guy that replaced me wanted to take some vacation but didn't feel that there was anyone that he could trust when he was gone. I like the guy and figured a week wouldn't be to bad. I don't have to do anything but be there just in case there is a problem.

Now do I put the money into a regular or Roth IRA?

The guy that replaced me wanted to take some vacation but didn't feel that there was anyone that he could trust when he was gone. I like the guy and figured a week wouldn't be to bad. I don't have to do anything but be there just in case there is a problem.

Now do I put the money into a regular or Roth IRA?

ROTH...........

That's hilarious!!

Indeed - it's like the reverse "vacation". :2funny::2funny:

what a hoot!

Audrey

This is the obvious effect of wearing the ER patch upside down. Turn it around and you should be fine.

Be careful people, we just make this look easy.

Billy
The Adventurer's Guide to Early Retirement

The guy that replaced me wanted to take some vacation but didn't feel that there was anyone that he could trust when he was gone.

I see your replacement has firmly placed himself in the shackles. What's he going to do the next time he needs a week off.

I see your replacement has firmly placed himself in the shackles. What's he going to do the next time he needs a week off.

The company is a highway and bridge contractor. He will be told just like I was that you cant take vacation during the busy season. He will be expected to take his vacation between Chrismas and New Years and the rest in January and Febuary when things are slow.

I sure am glad today is my last day. I didn't get home last night untill 2:00 am. It sure brings back the memories of why I ER'd. Life is just too short to slave away. Whatever happened to the 40hr work week. If I put in 8 hrs today I will be billing them for 60 and I left early every day.

I'm free!!!!!! I just dropped of the cell phone they gave me and an invoice for my time. The president of the company offered to send me to some seminars if I wanted to go and keep up with things. I was thinking one week was enough and I wanted to get back to my normal routine. I stopped on the way home at a marina and looked at some boats for sale. I didn't see any bargains and went home and watched a little golf and took a nap.

Back
Top Bottom