What are your Hobbies?

No hobbies before retirement.

No hobbies after retirement.

I'm consistant :angel: ...

I had an odd experience with my beading hobby today. I went to a party at my sister's place and one of her friends admired my necklace. I told her that I made it. She asked if I had any more of the same beads and if I could make her the same necklace. I said I didn't have enough beads left of the particular kind. She said that the one I had made for myself would be fine and that she really really liked it.

:confused:?

I gave her the necklace but I am not feeling very gracious about it.

You could have offered to give that necklace to her, but commented that a larger size might actually look better with her turkey wattle... :whistle:

DonHeff's response was the best---of course, I would not have thought of that reply until much later. I would probably have given her the necklace and resented it later. That was cetainly brazen of her to pretty much demand your necklace.

Martha said:
I gave her the necklace but I am not feeling very gracious about it.

...but you acted very graciously....and that's what counts on the karma meter.
Martha +1
Spoiled-child sister's friend -2 (-1 for asking, -1 for accepting)

How just "it's not for sale, sorry". If she just wanted it free, the "for sale" thing would have stopped her right there.:nonono:

Back to the hobby thing. I attached a picture of the necklace I gave away--I have been taking pictures of all the jewelry I do. At least the materials weren't sapphire or silver or some such thing. :)

Attachments

• 057.JPG
    057.JPG
    346.1 KB · Views: 5
Back to the hobby thing. I attached a picture of the necklace I gave away--I have been taking pictures of all the jewelry I do. At least the materials weren't sapphire or silver or some such thing. :)

That necklace is so pretty . You should sell on etsy !

I have dabbled in a lot of things over the years: home landscaping, woodworking, motorcycle (dirtbike) repair and maintenance, auto repair, video editing, electronics repair, gardening, home improvement projects, etc...

Currently learning the Zen of RV maintenance.

Now how is this simple woodworking project accomplished?

mindscrew-2.jpeg

my hobbies?
welding, machining, restoring antique Harley Davidsons, target shooting, playing with our 2 rottweilers, kayaking, off roading in my jeep, traveling in our motor home, surfing the net, & planning my early retirement!

my hobbies?
welding, machining, restoring antique Harley Davidsons, target shooting, playing with our 2 rottweilers, kayaking, off roading in my jeep, traveling in our motor home, surfing the net, & planning my early retirement!
If you have time for all those things, it sounds like you are already retired.:D

Me, I play with old British sports cars, lose a buck or two playing cards, read and veg.

Spanish
Church volunteer work
Triathlon (cylcing, biking, running, lifting)
Running (half and full marathons)
Photography
Travel

All of these are hobbies I had before FIRE.

Portrait, child and landscape photography.

Woodworking: whirleygigs and furniture

House building(alright I built one house from scratch,, 20 x 24, two floors, cape cod)

Esoteric subjects.

Target handgun shooting.

I'd say cycling on-island, and hiking in the mountains of MDI.

Spanish
Church volunteer work
Triathlon (cylcing, biking, running, lifting)
Running (half and full marathons)
Photography
Travel

All of these are hobbies I had before FIRE.

And how are you getting on with your Spanish? Planning on visiting us, by any chance?

My main hobbies are/were : clogging (which I had to give up due to hips and knees getting older), reading and amateur (ham ) radio and traveling. Since retirement I'm much more active in amateur radio emergency services- it became my volunteer activitie and fun also. My sister got me to try gardening but it's more of a chore than fun. I'd rather be on the radio :)

My main hobbies are astronomy, computers, and bicycling

Back
Top Bottom