what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a bike ride today I noticed a big Danforth anchor in the grass on the side of the freeway. It undoubtedly fell out of someone's truck. A new one of this size costs over $150.

Would it be worth it to drive there tomorrow and pick it up and sell it on Craigslist? What do you think?

Taking my kitten to the vet to be neutered. I´m already feeling and suffering for her. I hope it doesn´t change her character. She is so playful and endearing....

On a bike ride today I noticed a big Danforth anchor in the grass on the side of the freeway. It undoubtedly fell out of someone's truck. A new one of this size costs over $150.

Would it be worth it to drive there tomorrow and pick it up and sell it on Craigslist? What do you think?

You could have strapped it to the bike and took some pictures.

PS. Well, just look on line and saw that one may weight as little as 23 lbs, not like one on a battleship as I envisioned when writing the above joke.

I'm playing Computer Wizard today...my faithful Dell laptop has been acting weird (slow loading email and IE, embedded links wo*rk slowly, etc) but no system fatalities or viruses (per SpyBot full scan). I cleaned up the hard drive, defragged 3x, and am now backing all my user files up. Next is my Outlook PST file, and then I turn it over to the Computer Doctor (dh2b) tonight for a full OS rebuild.
So I may be offline for a little bit. :(
I better get my Plan B analog activities all ready to be fired up. ;)

It won't be there tomorrow... or even now.
You're probably right. But I don't think you'd see it from a car. Even from a bike, it was so incongruous, that it wasn't until I'd passed it that I started thinking "Wow That's Funny. Was that an anchor?"

Maybe I'll ride my bike there again, and if it's still around, [-]hide it[/-] move it to a safe location from which I can drive by and pick it up.

On Sunday I played in a jam session with a friend who was diagnosed with Alzheimer's a year ago. He could still play trumpet well, but he was quite tentative. He'd call songs that we'd just played a few minutes ago. Other than that, he was pretty OK. He got a lot of support from his friends.

That is so sad. And, apparently, it will get even more grim:

Treating Dementia, but Overlooking Its Physical Toll

Depends on how far you have to drive.

Six weeks ago we pruned the heck out of our star fruit tree to try to reduce the [-]compost[/-] yield. So it promptly exploded with fruit. It's fully loaded now and it just popped a bunch of fresh blossoms. I started picking today and hopefully there are a lot of starfruit-loving friends at the taekwondo dojang. I can't predict that I'll still have those friends next month.

We haven't pruned the lemon tree in almost two years because it's been continuously in fruit the whole time. We pick at least 3-4 per week and have ripe lemons hanging right next to blossoms.

But it looks like we'll make it through the winter...

Attachments

• Starfruit harvest.JPG
    Starfruit harvest.JPG
    432.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Starfruit tree.JPG
    Starfruit tree.JPG
    420 KB · Views: 0
  • Lemon tree.JPG
    Lemon tree.JPG
    364.7 KB · Views: 0
Nords, my Jamacian friend would loooove your backyard! Ackee & salt fish, yum!

ta,
mew

I did a deep cleaning on my apartment. I'll never be a great housekeeper, but I have come a long way. Partly it is because I don't have so many outdoor chores to do (like none, except an occasional carwash). Partly it is because I have learned more about how to do it.

The impetus was that one of my bookshelves collapsed (thank you Ikea :() , so I went out to Storables and got a couple of nice easily moved hardwood bookshelves. So I wanted the floor clean under them, and one thing led to another. I think my kitchen and bathroom look better than when I first moved in here over two years ago.

I am pretty tired and hungry now. :)

Ha

Six weeks ago we pruned the heck out of our star fruit tree to try to reduce the [-]compost[/-] yield. So it promptly exploded with fruit. It's fully loaded now and it just popped a bunch of fresh blossoms. I started picking today and hopefully there are a lot of starfruit-loving friends at the taekwondo dojang. I can't predict that I'll still have those friends next month.

We haven't pruned the lemon tree in almost two years because it's been continuously in fruit the whole time. We pick at least 3-4 per week and have ripe lemons hanging right next to blossoms.

But it looks like we'll make it through the winter...

all I can say is I am very envious....:blush:

Talked a bit to a close friend. Did too much exercise...oy! Every step I feel something kinda pop and ping. Had potato wedges on the grill, a couple jalapeno brats and a little side salad. Damn simple and good. Watched the sunset. One of those days where life was good. :)

Today is grocery store, pressure wash the front porch, mow the lawn, perhaps motorcycle ride in the afternoon.

Tomorrow: All day on the bike!

I picked up my DD at the airport this morning. She has been gone for 13 days and I have been watching her 15 1/2 month old while she was away. She was with her DH in TX and then flew to CA to look at more townhomes. Her DH called her after she got home and said that he finally got his orders and he will be driving from TX to WV starting on Friday. They found a townhome and hopefully it will be closed by 11/30/09, which is when he has to report to San Diego by and the $8000.00 tax credit expires.

She has been gone for 13 days and I have been watching her 15 1/2 month old while she was away.

I'm guessing that you're ready for a break.

Had my therapy session this morning, went to Target, chilling out the rest of the afternoon :)

I went to the bank and got my investment consolidation to VG paperwork completed with medallion signature guarantee. Hallelujah! :dance:
I will be addressing the envelopes first thing tomorrow AM and off they go. It has taken me a long time to get this done [-]stop procrastinating[/-] , so I'm taking my "complete" for the day, week, month, and year.

Also did Chinese buffet with former co-w*rkers. They continue to openly envy me. :D

Three very pleasant days, spent most of each kayaking. Hope we will have a few more before winter sets in.

I fixed the electric toothbrush, whose non-replaceable battery was failing. It's the simple things in life that you treasure (Galaxy Quest).

Toothbrush 001.jpg

Toothbrush 003.jpg

The funny thing is that it won't run unless you cycle the connection to the external batteries twice rapidly. It took me a lot of futzing and knocking to discover that.

DW will love that "feature."

Also, I have it running on 3 V instead of 1.5, so now it's supercharged, and feels like the thing the dentist uses to clean your teeth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom