what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been enjoying some luscious blackberries. I have this funny feeling that none will make it to the freezer. :nonono: Blueberries are almost ripe. Yummy! :D
I finally planted my Roma tomatoes in containers. I grew them from seed.
I finally stayed home for 1 day :whistle: and got off my keister :blush: to transplant them. The plants are big enough and there is enough growing season left to just barely get tomatoes.
I have hot Portugal peppers in a container and am growing Cubanelles in my 10 gal aquarium. Buds are just starting on the Cubanelles.
My regular garden is a mass of weeds I don't feel like dealing with, hence the containers.
Back lawn is mowed. All in all a successful day. :D

Spent most of the day wondering where the evil cat had got to. He ran out last night & would not come back. Didn't show in the morning like usual. A friend brought his new dog over to go thru some seperation exercises because I'm going to dog sit next weekend. The dog found and pointed to the evil cat's hiding place for me. I fetched him and found the limping paw is now a bloody paw. Sheesh! Looks like someone bit him. Now we have to go back to the vet. I sure am supporting that clinic this month. He wants to go outside tonight too. Idiot cat.

This is just too much animal excitement for one week.

DW is pet-sitting for her brother & SIL while they go to SC for almost a week, staying in a nice hotel. Never mind that there is a free doublewide available 30 minutes down the road, but that's them.

So later on I'll ride the bike over to see her and FIL. Miss her already.

But there's bright side to everything. Since she's away I can leave the bed unmade and the toilet seats up.;)

A splendid early morning kayaking on the lake. Water smooth as a baby's a$$. Quiet. A joy to paddle around, get lost in the paddling where it is on autopilot. Parked at a favorite spot in front of a rock face.

The world did not exist, just the view of the bow parting the waters.

These pics were taken last summer, still just the same this year.

Attachments

• Que_Roc_undercut.jpg
    Que_Roc_undercut.jpg
    881.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Que_rockfac1.jpg
    Que_rockfac1.jpg
    840.6 KB · Views: 3
But there's bright side to everything. Since she's away I can leave the bed unmade and the toilet seats up.;)
smiley-happy093.gif

A splendid early morning kayaking on the lake. Water smooth as a baby's a$$. Quiet. A joy to paddle around, get lost in the paddling where it is on autopilot. Parked at a favorite spot in front of a rock face.

Lovely pics....a piece of heaven on earth. :)

Very nice pictures ! It reminds me of Pennsylvania .

Occasionally jumping out of my skin as the roofers drop bundles of shingles right over my head. However, the HOA gets eco-points for selecting white shingles instead of the ubiquitous (and silly for Texas) dark gray or black.

Off to afternoon coffee and pastries with friends. Life is tough.

Sorry for your loss

Tesaje, I am so sorry for your loss. It sounds like you gave your beloved kitty a good life.

I am sure he was a wonderful kitty. He is now healthy again and playing with his dog friend in Rainbow Bridge. You've provided a wonderful life for him for 17 years, let that thought comfort you, at least a little.

A good day here in VT. Weather is a little cooler than it was last week. Our 7 year-old granddaughter has been here for a few days. This morning we took her to the one-week day camp which was the primary reason for her trip to VT. After dropping her off, walked for an hour on a path that skirts Lake Champlain for part of the way. After going home and eating lunch, drove back to the vicinity of her camp, this time with the kayaks on the roof of the car. Paddled around Shelburne Bay for an hour and a half and then picked up granddaughter who had a very nice day. Early supper and took the dog to obedience class. On the way home, stopped for creemees with granddaughter. (Creemees = soft serve ice cream.) Just put granddaughter to bed. Sure beats the hell out of driving on the Beltway in the DC area to get to/from a job I didn't really love.

What a great day! Sushi for lunch, pool in the afternoon, and then grilled up Creole Grouper, served with Cauliflower Smashed Potatoes (yes, they are so good!) and grilled veggies. Yummy!!!

That plate looks pretty darn good. :cool:

I've been enjoying some luscious blackberries. I have this funny feeling that none will make it to the freezer. :nonono: Blueberries are almost ripe. Yummy! :D

A lady down the street from me has a few blueberry bushes and they are covered. I picked some yesterday with her permission. I love them on cereal. I have a fig tree that should be ready for some harvesting by the weekend. I'll have to return the favor and drop a few off to the lady.

No golf today but will be back at it tomorrow. Ran a few errands and dropped by my old company. I feel sorry for a couple of my old buddies as they are trying to get familiar with a new computer system. The system doesn't appear to be as user friendly as the old one. Made me appreciate my freedom even more.:)

It was a hot, humid day here in New Orleans today, and I didn't cook a thing. We went out. For lunch I ordered a cup of superb seafood gumbo, and we split an order of freshly made onion rings. Summertime, and the living is easy....

It was a hot, humid day here in New Orleans today, and I didn't cook a thing. We went out. For lunch I ordered a cup of superb seafood gumbo, and we split an order of freshly made onion rings. Summertime, and the living is easy....
W2R, have you ever eaten at the "Iron Pot"? It is on Veterans right on the corner as you get off the interstate at the airport.
That is the best Seafood Gumbo I have ever eaten out in a restaurant. I think the cooks are all the real deal. I recommend it. Let me know if you try it.
Meanwhile, what did I do all day? I worked a full day of course.

W2R, have you ever eaten at the "Iron Pot"? It is on Veterans right on the corner as you get off the interstate at the airport.

No, I haven't been in there since it was "Jazz Seafood and Steak" not so long ago. Sounds like the new place has settled right in. :)

Mowed the grass, washed the cars, and played in the ESPN 2 man local qualifier. We were one stroke out of the scratch division, but won the net by 3 shots. So now we have to win one more to go to vegas. There were several guys in the tournament today that qualified for vegas last year, so hopefully we have a shot. I did play one of my best rounds today though. I guess I'll have to practice some now.

I actually did this yesterday. I posted in the wrong thread

Wind damage

Cleaned up the aftermath of yesterday's windstorm this morning.

We had to put up chicken wire to stop our two cats from visiting the neighbors through the broken wall.

Normally English Bay is calm. The wind whipped up those whitecaps in one hour.

Attachments

• CIMG2783.jpg
    CIMG2783.jpg
    441.8 KB · Views: 3
  • CIMG2785.jpg
    CIMG2785.jpg
    574.6 KB · Views: 0
  • CIMG2786.jpg
    CIMG2786.jpg
    520.8 KB · Views: 0
Today we rode, with a friend, from California to Oregon and back! OK, that technically could be a four inch trip, but it was actually 57 miles.

img_957761_0_9d2904e4beeb6288f37d0670343beabf.jpg

img_957761_1_f060c43b3804ad5358cc139b3af27c33.jpg

Wednesday at the Humane Society taking pictures of dogs and writing their descriptions for the web site. Lunch with a girl friend.

Here's the cutest dog of the group I photo'd this morning. His name is Pedro.

-- Rita

Attachments

• Pedro  A10919454 a.jpg
    Pedro A10919454 a.jpg
    592.1 KB · Views: 8
That's a great picture. I'm sure your photos help get them adopted.

I was trying to figure out why that photo looked familiar. Then I got it:

Gremlins-3D-Movie.jpg

Last night I took a dance lesson in Fort Worth swing. I'm a regular Fred [-]Flintstone[/-] Astaire... :rolleyes:

Got my septic tank pumped today (whoopee) . Price has doubled in 5 years - not sure why. Maybe next time I'd shop around a little. This is a local guy with all the gossip about my neighbors. I wonder what he tells them about me?

Got my septic tank pumped today (whoopee) . Price has doubled in 5 years - not sure why. Maybe next time I'd shop around a little.
Last time I had that task done the honey wagon guy told me the fee he was paying to the sewage treatment plant to offload his truck was going up dramatically every year.

This is a local guy with all the gossip about my neighbors. I wonder what he tells them about me?
Maybe that you're no longer full of sh..? :cool::LOL:

Ran some errands. Bought a melon from a guy with a pickup truck in the hardware store parking lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom