Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2016, 06:06 PM   #1181
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by braumeister View Post
Hey, don't be that way. A bunch of us used to go up to A-Basin and ski in shorts and T-shirts in early June.
That's true! My season pass is still good at A-Basin!
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-22-2016, 06:40 PM   #1182

My husband and I are listening to some Sting DVDs, the one he played in his Italian villa, trying to relax before our trip. I can imagine myself in an Italian village, I've booked a room with a view of the country side, a very nice hotel with the best restaurant. I'm looking forward to visiting this area soon.
Old 05-22-2016, 06:55 PM   #1183
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedup View Post
My husband and I are listening to some Stink DVDs,...
I knew of Sting, but Stink? Search the Web, and indeed there's a band call Stink.

I knew I did not get out much, but I am more humble all the time.

"Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities Can Make You Commit Atrocities" - Voltaire (1694-1778)
Old 05-22-2016, 07:24 PM   #1184

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-Bound View Post
I knew of Sting, but Stink? Search the Web, and indeed there's a band call Stink.

I knew I did not get out much, but I am more humble all the time.
Haha, I fixed it. I must be thinking of the stinking cheese thread. That's what happens when I eat fish. My sister took me out for a fish lunch. It screws up my typing.
Old 05-23-2016, 02:04 AM   #1185
Give me a forum ...

This weekend we saw a community theater production of the musical Rock of Ages. We're both stuck in the eighties music-wise so we really enjoyed it.
Even clouds seem bright and breezy, 'Cause the livin' is free and easy, See the rat race in a new way, Like you're wakin' up to a new day (Dr. Tarr and Professor Fether lyrics, Alan Parsons Project, based on an EA Poe story)
Old 05-23-2016, 08:26 AM   #1186

Sitting in Jury duty. Kill me now☺

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app
Old 05-23-2016, 08:56 AM   #1187

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclover View Post

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app
I had a summons for jury duty a couple of weeks ago, but they cancelled court that day.
Old 05-23-2016, 04:39 PM   #1188

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclover View Post
One of the few advantages of being 65+ is that jury duty is now optional for me. My answer will always be "NO!" since I already spent way too much time in courtrooms.
Old 05-23-2016, 06:16 PM   #1189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt34 View Post
One of the few advantages of being 65+ is that jury duty is now optional for me. My answer will always be "NO!" since I already spent way too much time in courtrooms.
US District Court in Colorado is 70+.
Old 05-23-2016, 07:26 PM   #1190
Recycles dryer sheets

Walked 4 miles for exercise then attended a free talk at the library on estate planning (no sales pitch). Rounded out the day with reading.

This is my 4th week of retirement and I feel like a kid just out of school for the summer.
Old 05-23-2016, 07:53 PM   #1191

Snow on Hwy 80 in California .... strange.

Landscaper started the front walkway. Fortunately I was able to be back in time (after dropping 2 grandkids off at school & oldest grandson off at Bart). Apparently misread my diagram but all good now
Old 05-24-2016, 10:29 AM   #1192
Give me a forum ...

I'm practicing bass today...one of my bands is auditioning a new guitarist tonight. We saw him before at a charity gig where both our bands were playing, and he was the star of the night among 5 good bands. He also liked our band, so tonight is really a "meet and greet" to see how we gel.

I also looked up the set list for his former band and am learning some songs that he knows. Most auditions are relatively short...4-6 songs, but if things go well you can end up jamming for a couple hours, so I want to be as prepared as possible.
Old 05-24-2016, 10:33 AM   #1193
Moderator Emeritus

Mowed the lawn with gas push mower and got 5,000 steps on Fitbit for it. Probably very inaccurate (it took me <45 minutes) but I'll take it!
Old 05-24-2016, 12:23 PM   #1194

I got the Audi sports car out today. Programmed it to open and close the new garage doors. I'm cleaning it up and thought while I am at it, I might as well take the VA safety inspection sticker off. I think I'll do that on the Jeep too. (I'm only a couple years late!)
Old 05-24-2016, 02:03 PM   #1195
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
US District Court in Colorado is 70+.
My FIL showed up as requested for jury duty, figured it would be something good to do and get out and about...

They sent him home, he was about 90 at the time...

He drove and was of sound mind until a TIA (presumably) at 93, lived about another year as various health issues kept knocking him down.
Old 05-24-2016, 03:56 PM   #1196
Give me a forum ...

Replaced the front brake pads on my SUV. Easy job and only $32 for quality pads. Can't believe what a regular shop charges for this simple job.

Lowered the price on our home, which is for sale. Only 3 showings in 45 days and the prime selling season is slipping away, so I felt I needed to act. I don't know whether to blame my real estate agent for mis-pricing or if it is just that hard to price a unique home with a very large lot.
Old 05-24-2016, 04:42 PM   #1197

I am on my 6th day of being sick, finally felling better today. I thought it was just a cold, turns out I had a bad sinus infection. Finally went to doc yesterday and got a prescription antibiotic and feeling much better after only one day of it. I also got an eye infection, blepharitis, probably contributed by the sinus infection. Some prescription antibiotic eye ointment for that as well. Bottom line missed three days of work (that's not actually that bad, but the catching up will suck), and lost the whole weekend of planned projects and activities. Instead I have been trying to take it easy and do little as possible trying to get better. Ironic how you don't appreciate being well until you are not.

You can't spend yourself to prosperity.

Semi-Retired 7/1/16: working part-time (60%) for now [4/24/17 changed to 80%]
Retired Aug 2, 2017; age 53
Old 05-24-2016, 04:57 PM   #1198

I'm in London. The flight ordeal (somebody died on the flight coming over) was worth it to get to London. My husband and I went out to have a nice and tasty Indian meal. It was delicious and cheap. Indian food went very well with beer. Too bad we only stay here for a day. Tomorrow, I will meet the landlord for key to my apartment.
I love travel because I'm a foodie.
Old 05-24-2016, 05:16 PM   #1199
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelover View Post
Lowered the price on our home, which is for sale. Only 3 showings in 45 days and the prime selling season is slipping away, so I felt I needed to act. I don't know whether to blame my real estate agent for mis-pricing or if it is just that hard to price a unique home with a very large lot.
That's not enough showings, I agree! It does sound like a substantial drop in price might help given those market conditions. Good luck and I hope the new price will attract more buyers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 38Chevy454 View Post
I am on my 6th day of being sick, finally felling better today. I thought it was just a cold, turns out I had a bad sinus infection.
So sorry you haven't been feeling well. That sounds miserable.

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
Old 05-24-2016, 05:29 PM   #1200
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedup View Post
... The flight ordeal (somebody died on the flight coming over) was worth it to get to London...
Yep. Their tiny cramped seats can kill you, if you are not careful.

"Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities Can Make You Commit Atrocities" - Voltaire (1694-1778)
Closed Thread