What did you do today? 2018 version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Temp in the high 90's so only one thing to do.

Attachments

• Me Pool Bud.jpg
    Me Pool Bud.jpg
    763.5 KB · Views: 53
Have you forgotten which forum you're on?
View attachment 28882

Exactly! It's the first of the month, so time for retirees to figure out how June went, update the spending spreadsheet, project what our 2018 annual spending will be, and stuff like that.

This is what I call "Fun with Excel" and I look forward to it every month. Not only that, but it is a great [-]excuse[/-] reason to stay inside in the AC. :D

Why summertime? Poutine is even better in the colder months! :D

Montreal in the winter?
DGF was stating that Jan in FLA was too cold with 10 days under 60 degrees high.:LOL:

I have pretty much done nothing all day. I have had a sore throat. I am taking medicine for that. I have done some data entry in Quicken and that sort of thing. My energy level is just down. I am glad I didn't have to go to work or feel really rotten about not getting weekend stuff done. :) I sure wish this sore throat would go away.

I have pretty much done nothing all day. I have had a sore throat. I am taking medicine for that. I have done some data entry in Quicken and that sort of thing. My energy level is just down. I am glad I didn't have to go to work or feel really rotten about not getting weekend stuff done. :) I sure wish this sore throat would go away.
I was having a sore throat on and off for months and finally found it was post nasal drip caused by allergies to pollen, dust mites, etc. Popping a couple Loratadines a day helps a lot. YMMV

Second day in Thailand, going to the bank to exchange some money then gonna have my brother in law score some legit Thai bud.

I was having a sore throat on and off for months and finally found it was post nasal drip caused by allergies to pollen, dust mites, etc. Popping a couple Loratadines a day helps a lot. YMMV

Thanks, travelover. I've got two more days to finish the antibiotics but so far it hasn't helped. We have a lot of smoke in the air from fires in the area so that could be part of the problem. The allergy medicine may be something I need to try.

We're staying inside today, too hot & muggy to go out.

Attachments

• weather.jpg
    weather.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 49
We're staying inside today, too hot & muggy to go out.

Me too...I have a colonoscopy scheduled for first thing tomorrow morning, so today I'm eating Jello...which I detest.

We drove to where the roads end to our north and went for a hike. It was an awesome place but I sorely underestimated the amount of water we needed. We'd oy gone 25% of the way and had used 50% of our water so.we sadly turned around short of our goal.

Oh well better safe than sorry. There were flies or something that really liked us. We stopped and chatted with a guy and his dog, a young Australian shepherd. DW got stung as we are talking, I start to take my pack off to get the first aid kit, the guy's dog bites me! It never broke the skin, he apologized profusely, invited us to an event Thursday. Nice guy with a young dog.

I don't know why but hiking at higher altitudes really kicked my heart and BP way up. BP went normal in a few hours but my heart is still at 110..guessing that's better than 150.20180702_110918.jpeg

We drove to where the roads end to our north and went for a hike. It was an awesome place but I sorely underestimated the amount of water we needed. We'd oy gone 25% of the way and had used 50% of our water so.we sadly turned around short of our goal.

Oh well better safe than sorry. There were flies or something that really liked us. We stopped and chatted with a guy and his dog, a young Australian shepherd. DW got stung as we are talking, I start to take my pack off to get the first aid kit, the guy's dog bites me! It never broke the skin, he apologized profusely, invited us to an event Thursday. Nice guy with a young dog.

I don't know why but hiking at higher altitudes really kicked my heart and BP way up. BP went normal in a few hours but my heart is still at 110..guessing that's better than 150.View attachment 28894

Your heart rate goes up if you are dehydrated. From what I’ve read, you are more likely to get dehydrated at higher altitudes.

I had elevated HR Friday night, six hours after my bike ride on a hot/humid day. Just sitting around watching TV and my HR was 85. That was my cue to drink a bunch of water that night and Saturday. Last night my HR was 67. Much better.

You should get a pulse oximeter to keep tabs on your adaptation to altitude.

Just a little gadget you can keep in your pocket. Slip it on your fingertip and it will tell you the oxygen concentration in your blood. Very useful for mountain hikers, skiers, and many others.

I use this one:
AccuMed Finger Pulse Oximeter

Your heart rate goes up if you are dehydrated. From what I’ve read, you are more likely to get dehydrated at higher altitudes.

I had elevated HR Friday night, six hours after my bike ride on a hot/humid day. Just sitting around watching TV and my HR was 85. That was my cue to drink a bunch of water that night and Saturday. Last night my HR was 67. Much better.
Thank you. We live at 7500' and are acclimated to altitude, today was only maybe 8700'-9200'? Of course, there's less O2 up there, especially for an ex Camel non-filter smoker. However dehydration is a bear, very low humidity and very hot(90°f) here. Dehydration probably played a big role. DW said she wants to go back and finish the trail, I'll make it happen. Thanks for the advice

Dehydration can cause heartrate issues. I try to be hydrated at all times, today I was trying to conserve water in order to make the trail. Probably not a smart idea. I'm hydrating and feeling much better, although my heartrate is still now 120ish.

My heartrate is flaky lately and I'm probably paying too much attention to it. My PCP reduced my betablocker, by 50% a month or so ago, my heartrate has been hot. My PCP warned me it might do that[emoji1] .

The wife of a couple who have lived here for many years could not do the altitude (8700) anymore. They are in the process of moving to Arizona. She is in her late seventies. I have seen others come up here that just could not acclimate.

The wife of a couple who have lived here for many years could not do the altitude (8700) anymore. They are in the process of moving to Arizona. She is in her late seventies. I have seen others come up here that just could not acclimate.
I see it too and despite having some recent issues with heartrate I've been okay. Of course that is at the same time my PCP is reduced my betablocker. Today was an exception. I'm going with dehydration as now my BP is great and my heartrate higher(80) but normal.

Our neighbor has been having serious problems and they haven't figured anything out. His next attempt is what I've been doing, diet and exercise.

Colonoscopy first thing......treated them to my MLK impersonation: "I Had a Ream".

No probs...

Got one scare though...ahead of me in the registration area....little old white haired lady, hard of hearing, in a wheelchair.....asked for her birthdate April 03, 1940......that's less than 2 1/2 years older than me! :facepalm:

Got one scare though...ahead of me in the registration area....little old white haired lady, hard of hearing, in a wheelchair.....asked for her birthdate April 03, 1940......that's less than 2 1/2 years older than me! :facepalm:

We were at our home that only has OTA TV last month, and suddenly I heard DW exclaim "On no!". I went in to see what the problem was. She had been watching MASH reruns, and the new colonel (Potter) was depressed. The camp psychiatrist was working with him and asked him how old he was. Potter replied 62. DW said "we're Col. Potter! I thought I was Radar!".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom