What did you do today? 2019 version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not today, but yesterday......bit my tongue.

Overheard a lady ask another lady "What's a pagoda?" Second lady replied, very authoritatively, "It's a boat on a canal".

Kept my mouth shut, (which is difficult for me), and did not chime in with "A pagoda is a tower/temple, and a gondola is on a canal".

Quite proud of myself for showing such restraint. :LOL:

I worked on a carving that I started a month ago. Got some work left but close to being done. It was a snow day, bad road day so, I stayed home.

Attachments

• IMG_1545.jpg
    IMG_1545.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 61
Not retired yet, so Saturday is catch up time. I mounted a snow deflector on my mailbox, brought up two LARGE front end loader fulls of firewood (for next week's sub zero temps), burnt a weeks worth of burnable trash in the burn barrel, dumped 2 buckets of stove ash, helped my daughter mount insulation in her crawl space, and finally fixing dinner for the DW and I.

BTW, my wife was under my daughter's crawl space most of the day, while I did things at home....just another busy day in our life.

Last edited:
Went to my condo's annual HOA meeting this morning. A 3 hour bitch session. I feel for the one's serving on the board. A thankless job with no pay. Rode my bike this afternoon. A little cool but got a good workout.

Yes, it is Ronstar. You never know what kind of color they come out at, even using the same kind of wood after applying oil. This one was really dark in the middle. All other color I use is all natural (bark, different colors of soil, berry, coal etc..

Last edited:
Picked up my new MacBook. Of course, it has the new USB-c. And it doesn't have an sd card reader. So I had to buy a USB-c to sd card reader adapter. And my external drive has the old standard USB cable. Had to go to a second Apple store to get a USB-c cable to connect the external drive. Doing a fresh install of my programs instead of time machine backup - just to be cleaner.

Yes, it is Ronstar. You never know what kind of color they come out at, even using the same kind of wood after applying oil. This one was really dark in the middle. All other color I use is all natural (bark, different colors of soil, berry, coal etc..

Your carvings are top notch. And cottonwood is tough to work with - at least for me.

Thanks Ron, I sure would love to see some of your carvings. I bet they are great.

Last edited:
You do beautiful work on the things you make but for some reason I thought you were going to try carving. If not you then there was someone else that had mentioned that. Thanks Ronstar.

We saw a play last night called Communicating Doors, which was very entertaining. Today we went to The Souper Bowl, a contest where the ticket buyers walk around downtown Sausalito and and taste clam chowder at 12 of the restaurants, then vote on the best one. We had nice weather and pretty views. Some restaurants had other kinds of soup like lobster bisque or clam chowder so it was a good selection, plus the walking from one restaurant to another helped burn off some of the calories.

Today I decided to check out upcoming rock and country music concerts - have not been to one in years and I want to start back up again. For the summer concerts that interested me, could not figure out on main box office website if ticket sales had not started or if already sold out. Only thing available was a megaticket for five concerts - sale began a day ago at 10 am and few seats were left. Some oddball websites seemed to have a limited number of tickets for the individual concerts but much more expensive. So I grabbed a megaticket and it was not cheap. This was more complicated than I expected. Hard to believe you have to buy a concert ticket five months or more in advance.

Last edited:
Helped my daughter cut up, and split about 1/2 a truckload of firewood, that was too big for her woodstove (0 degree windchill), then went to a really good pizza buffet, that has good salad, and meal items. Trying to warm up around the fire tonight.

It's 1AM and I am still listening to some Rumba.

Last edited:
Called DishTV to cancel our service after completing our two year contract. I lost count of the number of times I said, "Please cancel our service" before the CS rep finally stopped asking questions, offering a better deal, or running down the competition and agreed to do what I asked. Sigh...

Swimming at the therapy pool. 92 degrees, too hot. I transferred to the family pool 82 degrees and much better. YMCA is awesome. I was the only one in the family pool. Heading out to dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom