Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2020, 12:12 PM   #261
Full time employment: Posting here.

Swam at the neighborhood heated pool in the rain. Usually there is one, maybe 2, other people when I go around 9am. Today every lane was full around me. It was the strangest thing. I walk quite a way to get there and I'm wondering the whole way if I should turn around and walk to LA Fitness's indoor pool instead.

I'm so glad I didn't. It did start raining hard for a few minutes while we were swimming. Then it was really windy. The water was warm and there wasn't any lighting so it wasn't dangerous or that uncomfortable, just an ominous sky.

We all were finished at about the same time. There's something about a shared experience under even slight adversity that makes people more chatty. I think I'm making friends at the pool.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-14-2020, 01:15 PM   #262
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

The cee-ment pond is a good spot to make friends!

Old 02-14-2020, 01:17 PM   #263

It looks like it will be a sunny day today. This month has been very snowy. Last Sunday my Jeep tried to take out an Aspen tree along the icy road in very slow motion. The tree won. I took it in for an estimate - $5k. I got the insurance claim set up this morning. I'm going to put rock rails/steps along the sides. I don't think there would have been any damage if I had them prior to bouncing off that tree.
Old 02-14-2020, 03:41 PM   #264
Gone but not forgotten

Send a message via AIM to Khan
Had to cook breakfast in the frying pan this morning, as the microwave died yesterday.
Old 02-14-2020, 06:14 PM   #265
Moderator Emeritus

I sent my adult daughter a supercute Valentine image in a text. An hour later I looked more closely at it; it is x-rated. She will never let me live that down!
Old 02-14-2020, 06:54 PM   #266
Gone but not forgotten

Gary in an attempt to fatten me up bought me a huge box of chocolates which he will probably eat .
Old 02-14-2020, 06:56 PM   #267
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestwifeever View Post
I sent my adult daughter a supercute Valentine image in a text. An hour later I looked more closely at it; it is x-rated. She will never let me live that down!
Could you post it here?
Old 02-15-2020, 01:12 AM   #268

Our son and DIL treated us to a Valentine's murder mystery train ride. The food was good and we really enjoyed ourselves
Fillmore & Western Train Ride Adventures & Movie Productions FWRY
Old 02-15-2020, 03:05 PM   #269

Drove up to the mountain house alone last night. I had to come for a board of directors meeting this morning, but DH stayed at the other house since he though he would be bored here.

It's been a nice time so far. I spent last evening prepping for the meeting and reading. All morning I was at the meeting, and so far this afternoon I've been sitting in front of the fireplace with my laptop, taking care of tasks for the community. I'm enjoying the quiet, which is something I don't get much of if DH is around since he likes to leave the TV on constantly for background noise.

I'll head back down to the other house tomorrow morning.
Old 02-15-2020, 04:07 PM   #270
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelyman View Post
The cee-ment pond is a good spot to make friends!
Laughing. You watched it too!
Old 02-15-2020, 07:08 PM   #271
Gone but not forgotten

Send a message via AIM to Khan
Living without a microwave is annoying. I have been doing 2 dishwasher loads a day because am using pans and steamer that have to be washed.
Old 02-15-2020, 08:07 PM   #272
Give me a forum ...

You waiting for the presidents day sales?
Old 02-15-2020, 08:13 PM   #273
Give me a forum ...

Had another serving of my favorite version (Fujiwara Dublin) black garlic ramen and dropped off the wife at Oakland airport to visit daughter.
Old 02-16-2020, 06:49 PM   #274
gone traveling

Won a 150 person euchre tourney last night. After all the media interviews & celebration drinks, slept in late this a.m. Think I'm OK now.
Old 02-16-2020, 06:52 PM   #275

Gym day. Grilled some chicken. Took a nap.

Gotta love this retirement gig!
Old 02-17-2020, 11:36 AM   #276
Give me a forum ...

We spent all of January in central Mexico. Great weather, great food. Problem with the airline return flight pinched us. Just finishing up a lot of Dr appointments before we go to Austin Wednesday for a quilt class and BBQ.
Old 02-17-2020, 12:51 PM   #277

What did you do today? - 2020 version

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khan View Post
Living without a microwave is annoying. I have been doing 2 dishwasher loads a day because am using pans and steamer that have to be washed.

When our microwave died I shopped for the replacement and my #1 top priority "feature" was that it had to be a local one that I could pick up that day. I found exactly what I wanted in our local Target store.

I use my microwave all the time and I was severely limited when I was without one for less than 24 hours.
Old 02-17-2020, 12:59 PM   #278

Walked out this morning and saw two new For Sale signs on my block. Both owners coincidentally decided at the same time to go to assisted living facilities. One is 83, the other is 93. Different realtors, different prices, so it will be interesting to watch the action. There are only 17 units in my condo development, so this is 11% of the neighborhood.
Old 02-17-2020, 01:58 PM   #279
Moderator Emeritus

Initiated my IRA account transfer (in kind) from Vanguard to Schwab. Let's see how well this goes over the next 5 to 7 days.

Reason: Consolidating accounts.
Old 02-17-2020, 02:33 PM   #280
Administrator

I had a pleasant visit and lunch with my mum today. We were looking at photos and some videos of her great-grandchildren, she looked at me and said “they are so intelligent. Well, all my children are intelligent, even you”.
Closed Thread