Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2020, 12:05 AM   #301
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

My wife will not eat the young, but she was out of town -
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-20-2020, 05:07 PM   #302
Give me a forum ...

We went downtown today to go to the Phoenix Art Museum. I realized it was ridiculous that we spent time and money to visit museums out of town or in foreign countries, but have not been to the local ones in almost 50 years being here. Then, we had a late lunch in downtown afterwards.

It was a good outing, and we agreed that we should do this more. Why did I never think of using TripAdvisor or other travel Web sites for our own town? Duh!
Old 02-20-2020, 05:27 PM   #303
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieB View Post
Made roast rack of lamb;

You know how to cook meat.
Old 02-20-2020, 05:35 PM   #304
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by misshathaway View Post
You know how to cook meat.
I've seen lambs hurt worse that lived.
Old 02-20-2020, 05:38 PM   #305
Full time employment: Posting here.

Had a visit with my first cousin and his wife, whom I had not seen in 50! years. They live in Arizona but were in Orlando to embark on a cruise. How is it possible to pick up where you left off? They were teenagers and I was in grade school the last time we met. Our parents, now all dead, took us to Disneyland and we had a blast.

They got married well after that and had a family. We are now all retired. I am amazed that we can still connect so well. Feeling very blessed. Took Uber for the first time, to and from their hotel. Even THAT worked out fine.

Sometimes you have a day that is pure joy ...
Old 02-21-2020, 06:27 PM   #306
Moderator Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to Khan
Went off island this morning at dawn to different doctor to get prescriptions renewed.
The whole medical system is a mess.
Am looking into changing doctor/service.

Pill A will mess with pill B and who knows what pill C will do.

Growing old sucks moose balls.

And here's a sunset.20200215_180647.jpeg
Old 02-21-2020, 06:51 PM   #307
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Went to funeral for a young 71 year old. He had cancer and fought it for 5 months. It was a large funeral around 500 people.
Old 02-21-2020, 10:52 PM   #308
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khan View Post
Went off island this morning at dawn to different doctor to get prescriptions renewed.
The whole medical system is a mess.
Am looking into changing doctor/service.

Pill A will mess with pill B and who knows what pill C will do.

Growing old sucks moose balls.

And here's a sunset.Attachment 33929
I don't think there are any moose on Pine Island. Other than that, I agree.
Old 02-21-2020, 11:13 PM   #309
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley View Post
I don't think there are any moose on Pine Island. Other than that, I agree.
You can make your own.

Here's how: Moose Ball Recipe.
Old 02-22-2020, 06:06 AM   #310
Administrator

Went with another couple to the New Britain Museum of American Art and then out to lunch. It was a fun day.
Old 02-22-2020, 06:27 AM   #311
Recycles dryer sheets

Took a boat out early Friday morning and tooled around the Marina and Palm Islands for a few hours. Then went to brunch at Trader Vics where we drank way too many Mai-Tais and stuffed our faces with boatloads of fresh sashimi and sushi rolls. Life could be worse! Have a good weekend everyone.
Old 02-22-2020, 06:53 AM   #312
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYourAverageJones View Post
Took a boat out early Friday morning and tooled around the Marina and Palm Islands for a few hours. Then went to brunch at Trader Vics where we drank way too many Mai-Tais and stuffed our faces with boatloads of fresh sashimi and sushi rolls. Life could be worse! Have a good weekend everyone.

While retiring to Florida has never held any interest for me, you make it sound awesome! Enjoy!

Adequate Balanced portfolio. 40% equity, 20% LTrm income/bonds, 40% income producing real estate. ER is the Greatest! Actually DW is the greatest! And loving life as never before...
Old 02-22-2020, 07:09 AM   #313
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired Expat View Post
While retiring to Florida has never held any interest for me, you make it sound awesome! Enjoy!
We are about 8k miles away from Florida...It's way more expensive here, but just as humid with less bugs and a lot more sand! However the fishing sucks, so Florida for the win on fishing!
Old 02-22-2020, 07:24 AM   #314
Recycles dryer sheets

Ah then Palm Island Dubai? Not an obvious first guess. In that case I probably would choose Florida! Although I would love to go visit...
Old 02-22-2020, 07:30 AM   #315

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-Bound View Post
You can make your own.

Here's how: Moose Ball Recipe.
LOL! I had to see what the Moose Ball look like. Well, after my observation they look like the real moose droppings but the real ones are much darker in colour.
Old 02-22-2020, 07:43 AM   #316
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired Expat View Post
Ah then Palm Island Dubai? Not an obvious first guess. In that case I probably would choose Florida! Although I would love to go visit...
It's really not as scary or as strict as everyone thinks (hence our too many brunch Mai Tais! )

To be honest, I feel way safer here than in many part of the US - sad but true. They just have pretty big egos that match their really big buildings...But not everyone here is as well-off as they pretend to be either. Lots of smoke and mirrors here.....I tell our friends it just another place to visit and check off your list. But for us its been a very good decision, albeit with many sacrifices!
Old 02-22-2020, 07:36 PM   #317

Today I helped DD paint her master bathroom. I taught her the time-saving skill of cutting in without taping. Then she worked along the baseboard while I climbed the stool to work along the ceiling. My stated reason for choosing to work along the ceiling was that since I am a few inches taller it would be easier for me to reach the 9í ceiling joint from the stool we had. DD soon figured out that crawling around on the tile floor isnít very comfortable, and realized my true motive for choosing the ceiling.

We got all the painting finished and it looks much better. DD and the SIL could afford to pay someone to paint, but DIY skills can really help with LBYM so I was happy to provide the tutorial. Plus, DD and I had a nice long conversation while we were working.
Old 02-22-2020, 08:07 PM   #318

Setup a camera in hopes to get some moose on camera at the ranch. I seen tracks down in the willows so setup on the tracks along the trail.
Old 02-22-2020, 09:33 PM   #319
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by street View Post
Setup a camera in hopes to get some moose on camera at the ranch. I seen tracks down in the willows so setup on the tracks along the trail.
Perfect way to spend the day! Hope you get some moose on camera.
Old 02-22-2020, 10:05 PM   #320
Recycles dryer sheets

Finished installing & grouting a subway tile backsplash and wall behind the range. Now we have to seal the grout and apply silicone caulking around the edges. If we billed by the hour this would be a $10k job!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20200222_140951362.jpg (381.6 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20200222_140959099.jpg (349.1 KB, 45 views)
Closed Thread