Join Early Retirement Today

Old 01-09-2020, 07:54 PM   #81
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Took DW to the hospital at 6 AM to have a pacemaker implanted todat. All went well, although the sugery was very painful. She is home now, with a wireless gadget that will monitor her heart,
In 2 weeks she goes back for an ablation to complete the process.
Souschef is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-09-2020, 08:01 PM   #82
Administrator

Woke up and sat in bed watching the sun rise over the Florida Straits. Later watched some kiteboarders taking advantage of the brisk winds. They were getting some big air.
Old 01-09-2020, 08:18 PM   #83
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

The wife and I had a nice sushi lunch and then saw "Knives Out" at the cinema with a bucket of popcorn and a bottle of water. Good movie!
Old 01-09-2020, 11:09 PM   #84

Thirty minutes ago, at 11:30 pm tonight, my cat started having an asthma attack. It's the first one since she came home from the hospital on 12/28.

I had been practicing for this moment, but wasn't sure if I would be able to help her when the time came.

I got out the "rescue" inhaler and loaded the "Aerokat" gizmo, and to my amazement she actually allowed me to put the face mask on her. She squirmed a bit, but I managed to keep it on her face for about 10 breaths, and within 5 minutes she was feeling much better.

I'm relieved about this for two reasons: first, I was able to help her instantly tonight, and secondly, maybe this means she will tolerate the daily "maintenance" inhaler which starts tomorrow. Fingers crossed!
Old 01-10-2020, 11:44 AM   #85
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico View Post
Thirty minutes ago, at 11:30 pm tonight, my cat started having an asthma attack. It's the first one since she came home from the hospital on 12/28.

I had been practicing for this moment, but wasn't sure if I would be able to help her when the time came.

I got out the "rescue" inhaler and loaded the "Aerokat" gizmo, and to my amazement she actually allowed me to put the face mask on her. She squirmed a bit, but I managed to keep it on her face for about 10 breaths, and within 5 minutes she was feeling much better.

I'm relieved about this for two reasons: first, I was able to help her instantly tonight, and secondly, maybe this means she will tolerate the daily "maintenance" inhaler which starts tomorrow. Fingers crossed!
Sometimes they surprise you. Maybe she got enough relief while Aerokat was on to make the association.
misshathaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 12:55 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by misshathaway View Post
Sometimes they surprise you. Maybe she got enough relief while Aerokat was on to make the association.
Indeed they do! I am hoping she made the connection between the mask and the relief, although I'll never know for sure.

I left the smaller, kitten-sized face mask in her bed for the last two weeks, to desensitize her to it, and 5-6 times a day I would rub it gently all over her head and her face and chin. I wanted to acclimate her to the texture and the rubbery smell of it. I never actually applied it to her nose and mouth with pressure, though, so I wasn't sure if it would work when I used the regular sized mask on her.

Thank god for YouTube videos from people who have done this before! It's amazing what you can learn out there.
Old 01-10-2020, 04:58 PM   #87
Confused about dryer sheets

Picked up our wedding rings. Getting married tomorrow. 21 years together, I guess it’s time.
djw3580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 05:03 PM   #88
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by djw3580 View Post
Picked up our wedding rings. Getting married tomorrow. 21 years together, I guess it’s time.
Congratulations!

MichaelB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 05:19 PM   #89

Studied BBQ rubs for my latest iteration.
Alphonse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 05:21 PM   #90

Spent part of the today checking out the neighborhood and all of the new house builds. Started the process of configuring my new Windows 10 PC (to replace my 6+ year Windows 7 PC). Pissed away much of the rest of the day trying to decide on a monitor (or two) for the new PC.

Had all of our errands and appointments done by yesterday because of the forecasted thunderstorms for today here in central Texas. Nothing materialized. Seems we brought our drought with us from California.
statsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 05:54 PM   #91

Got the morning workout done early and went shopping at “Wally World” for cold medicine…. almost have it beat. Reviewed last year’s budget performance numbers and started new metrics for next year.
Planning a hike in the spring so shopped for gear on line (a daily adventure). Getting ready to go dancing with DW tonight, “Roaring 20s” theme.
Life is good.
PhoneCzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 06:05 PM   #92
Moderator Emeritus

Early morning walk around the neighborhood. Another chiro visit to pop a rib in place. Did some woodworking. DW went to her exercise class party, so I’m playing host solo to MIL. We’re watching Top Gun and eating pizza.
Old 01-10-2020, 06:16 PM   #93

Movies

My Wife agreed to go see 1917 the movie. Great movie.....highly recommend, of course took her out for lunch after the movie

Nice day
Togin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 08:04 PM   #94
Give me a forum ...

Soldered up and installed my upgrade transformers into my bedroom tube amp. Sonic bliss!
Old 01-10-2020, 08:14 PM   #95
Administrator

Went to Everglades National Park and Biscayne National Park. Ate a very nice snapper dish for dinner, outside under a full moon (at least it looks full).
Old 01-10-2020, 08:32 PM   #96

Quote:

VERY great news! There’s a right time for everything and now it’s yours. Congratulations!

steelyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 08:35 PM   #97
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
Went to Everglades National Park and Biscayne National Park. Ate a very nice snapper dish for dinner, outside under a full moon (at least it looks full).
What a nice vacation!! Sounds perfect and it's probably nice to get away from the cold winter weather in your home state, for a little while.

Gym day for us. It's so much fun to be able to get back into weight lifting after my knee replacement surgery last August. After warming up on the seated elliptical for a while, I did two sets of 10 on each of nine weight lifting machines. Puts a spring in my step.

Then lunch at our favorite restaurant (shrimp pasta alfredo, made with fresh Louisiana shrimp), then home and napped for a while. Doing laundry right now.
Old 01-10-2020, 08:52 PM   #98
Recycles dryer sheets

I cleaned my gutters and did some planning on a trip to Machu Picchu and a cruise around the bottom of South America up to Buenos Aires
kbst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 12:05 PM   #99
Give me a forum ...

Finishing up the BBQ pork roast I started yesterday. It cooked sous vide for 22 hours and spent an hour and half in a low temperature oven. Cooling and ready to shred. Its very well cooked, the fats are all happy.

Next is the garage door, its open and wants to stay that way. Opened up fine, but won't close. Some moron hit the override and it's sprung. Unfortunately the garage door place is out until Monday.
MRG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 01:33 PM   #100
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Right, you can't rush these things!
------------
My morning activity was to drop off a suburban load of furniture and other stuff at the consignment shop. On the way home stoped at B&N for coffee and read Skeptic magazine.